looking to buy a controller..

New members questions
gilley

looking to buy a controller..

Post by gilley »

like the title says. im looking to buy one. why should I buy a ra? and are they easy to use as I have seen people say..
gilley

Re: looking to buy a controller..

Post by gilley »

really what im asking is if I buy the ra can it do the samething the apex can do ? the price is less then half of the apex so im having a hard time seeing that out of the box it will do the samething
rimai

Post by rimai »

What is that you have in mind to accomplish with either controller?
Roberto.
gilley

Post by gilley »

Looking to replace my timer for my lights and my controller for my wave maker. A ph monitor salinity monitor ato.
gilley

Post by gilley »

Oh and a temp monitor
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

With out know what kind of equipment you have, it's tough to say, but The RA can control pretty much any the Apex can and it's more flexible to code.

I control my light, my ATO, my Denitrification chamber. monitor my pH and Salinity and 3 aspects of temp, the sump, the tank and the room.

My next step after I step up my new tank is going to control my RO/DI unit as to when it fills my storage bins, do a daily flush of the membrane and set up and Automatic Water Change.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

gilley wrote:Looking to replace my timer for my lights and my controller for my wave maker. A ph monitor salinity monitor ato.
I'm not familiar with Apex, but the RA does all of this (except for salinity, that's an add on) right out of the box.

I use mine for temp control, ATO, LED dimming, fans, pH monitoring, dosing control, and to turn the light in my stand on when I open the door :mrgreen: .

I plan on adding a few more channels for my LED's and total control of my Jaebo pumps soon.

--Colin
gilley

Post by gilley »

cosmith71 wrote:
gilley wrote:Looking to replace my timer for my lights and my controller for my wave maker. A ph monitor salinity monitor ato.
I'm not familiar with Apex, but the RA does all of this (except for salinity, that's an add on) right out of the box.

I use mine for temp control, ATO, LED dimming, fans, pH monitoring, dosing control, and to turn the light in my stand on when I open the door :mrgreen: .

I plan on adding a few more channels for my LED's and total control of my Jaebo pumps soon.

--Colin
Is dimming the leds part of the out of box or a add on
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

There are 2 dimming ports on the main relay.
So if all you need to control is 2 channels it can be done right out of the box.
The Dimming Module (which is an add on) can control 6 additional devices (Led's DC Pumps) in any combination of analog or PWM and either 0-10v or 0-5v depending on the jumper configuration you set inside the module.