Couple of new guy questions

New members questions
sethjamto

Couple of new guy questions

Post by sethjamto »

I picked up a used RA from the local fish store. I have it up and running through the Wizard for just basic stuff right now.

Question 1: I have two temp probes and they are both reading exactly the same right now (77.1). Through the wizard I have outlets 1 and 2 for both my heaters, to go off when the tank temp is 79. With the temp below that now at 77.1, why are both outlets in the off position? I programmed it to come on at 50 and off at 79 for both outlets and neither one will come on even though the temp is between those two ranges.

Question 2: I noticed when reading the manual on this website that is shows where I can make adjustments to things such as temp on/off settings. My RA doesn't have this in the menu. Is my RA software out of date? Can I update it?

Thanks guys! This thing is going to help make my 300 reef so much nicer!
rimai

Re: Couple of new guy questions

Post by rimai »

#1. It will only turn on when it falls below 50 and will turn off when it goes above 79. You should make it a narrower range, such as 76.7 and 77.3. This way, it will turn on when it falls below 76.7 and off when it goes above 77.3

#2. That menu only works with the preloaded code. You can load the preloaded code by going to me nu Tools->Restore Preloaded Code
Roberto.
sethjamto

Re: Couple of new guy questions

Post by sethjamto »

Perfect! Thanks!