New User WiFi struggle

New members questions
DmnYnkee

New User WiFi struggle

Post by DmnYnkee »

Hello all. New to RA, but loving it thus far. I have my starting code for my system up and running, however the WiFi has me stumped.

I ran the WiFi utility, and it does what it should, but the IP it spits out is 1.2.3.4:2000. The module does get to where it blinks a slow green, but I am unable to connect to test or portal. I have a Netgear N300 wireless router and have gone through the settings to try and correct the issue.

I went to the link in the Wifi manual for Tera Term, and it appears to be an old link.

Any assistance is much appreciated.
rimai

Re: New User WiFi struggle

Post by rimai »

Log into your router and make sure you have your wifi settings setup to WPA2-PSK with AES encryption.
Slow green means it is connected. Did you try looking at the connected devices in your router?
Roberto.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

WPA2-PSK with AES encryption is confirmed. It does show in the list of connected devices, but it has no IP assigned. I even tried setting a reserved IP for the MAC address of the module and re-ran the wifi setup utility, and still just get the 1.2.3.4:2000, and show no IP in router settings.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Did you enable B&G networks on your router? N network is not supported.
Roberto.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

It is not an option to select, it is B/G/N capable.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Would you be able to test in another router?? A friend's or work, maybe?
I've seen this happen once before and it was the router that just didn't want to give the ip address, for some reason. Maybe incompatibility?? Not sure...
Roberto.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

I'll just buy a new router if you are fairly confident that is the issue. Is there any brand/model that works better than another with this?
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

So I just went out and got a new Router, Asus RT-AC66R ($170), and when running the Wifi utility now, I get the same IP (1.2.3.4:2000) but now says forwarding will need to be set up manually.

I've disabled my firewalls, with same results.

Getting frustrated with this Wifi module. It really should not be this difficult.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

Finally got Tera Term downloaded, and went through the steps. I am now officially up and running!!!

Thanks much!
rimai

Post by rimai »

So, what was the problem?
Does it work on your original router too?
Roberto.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

Have not tried with old router... at this point, I am not going to un-fix it, lol. Not sure what the issue was, but configuring the Wifi module with new router through Tera Term worked.