ECORAY 112- CONTROLLABLE?

New members questions
Paulturner911

ECORAY 112- CONTROLLABLE?

Post by Paulturner911 »

Does anyone know if I would be able to control these fixtures with the RA+? I have the PWM dimming expansion, and figure if I opend the fixtures and tap the potentiometer, I could maybe gain control.

Any input would be great.

Thank you
lnevo

Re: ECORAY 112- CONTROLLABLE?

Post by lnevo »

I don't see anything on their site for even dimming capability on the 112D. The 112DX does, but no info on external connectivity. Unless you've got some other research, your on your own in unchartered territory.
rimai

Post by rimai »

the DX version has knobs on top of the unit. You can see it in one of the pictures.
Roberto.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

Yes, they are DX. I ran a search and kraven was working on something for their older units, didnt know if any one else had any experience with the newer units. I came across the 6' tank Ive been patiently waiting on, but it has three of the ecoray 112dx...
I had already made a nice light with pcb and 4 pwm drivers out of an old corallife light fixture in hopes of one day getting a 6' tank. I dont know which lights to use now. I guess i could leave the eco rays in the canopy of the new tank and just mount the 6 foot heatsinks just off the side of them and retain control of the DIY unit. I really liked the lightening strike effect and sunrise sunset is also something i REALLY wanted.