internal memory

New members questions
Rodasphoto

internal memory

Post by Rodasphoto »

I need to update the libraries and my code so I was curious as to what are the advantages of using internal memory vs. using the wizard to produce a new sketch?
lnevo

Re: internal memory

Post by lnevo »

Not having to upload a new sketch to change some values. You can change memory through portal and phone apps.
Rodasphoto

Post by Rodasphoto »

lnevo wrote:Not having to upload a new sketch to change some values. You can change memory through portal and phone apps.
I use the parabola waveform. I don't see on the portal a way to change the starting and ending percentages. Do I need to reload the sketch each time I want to change it?

I also do not see how to change the parameters for the wavemakers. Is it possible to change the duration and other perimeters using the internal memory?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
rimai

Post by rimai »

The portal has the internal memory section that allows you to change the % of the parabola as well as wavemakers.
Roberto.
Rodasphoto

Post by Rodasphoto »

rimai wrote:The portal has the internal memory section that allows you to change the % of the parabola as well as wavemakers.
When I looked at the portal it showed that I can change when the wavemaker cycles but I cannot change the duration. Also for the parabola on the dimming expansion what should I choose for the duration?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You need to go to the DCPump settings and not wavemaker.
The duration is the parabola is ignored. It is only used if you choose slope.
Roberto.
Rodasphoto

Post by Rodasphoto »

rimai wrote:You need to go to the DCPump settings and not wavemaker.
Thanks for the prompt reply. My old sketch had the following for the wavemakers

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.WavemakerRandom1( Port5,30,100 );
ReefAngel.WavemakerRandom2( Port6,30,100 )
Where the controller would randomly turn my pumps (Koralia Nano) on for 60-100 seconds. This is where I am still confused. Also I want to start running my water change station from the controller and was wondering if I could assign my tanks probe as T2 and my water change Temp probe as T1 in the code manually? Many thanks for your patience and help. :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Ahh, I thought you were talking about Jebao pumps.
Yeah, I don't think there is.
The only way I think is to use the Android app.
Roberto.
Rodasphoto

Post by Rodasphoto »

I checked the app and there doesn't seem a category to input any values for the wave maker. I will be getting a pair of rw8 for my tank at the end of the month so that is not that big a deal. Is there a way to assign probes when using internal memory? Could I just assign one probe as T2 and another as T1 in the sketch after running the wizard for internal memory?
ritz

Post by ritz »

Why would you use internal memory vs code and vice versa? Does one or the other have any limitations other than on the fly changes?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

ritz wrote:Why would you use internal memory vs code and vice versa? Does one or the other have any limitations other than on the fly changes?
With settings in the code, you have to re-upload new code to change the settings (like lighting times, heater and fan values, etc). With settings in the memory, you can use the portal or apps to change the settings instead. That's the big difference.

--Colin
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Rodasphoto wrote:I checked the app and there doesn't seem a category to input any values for the wave maker. I will be getting a pair of rw8 for my tank at the end of the month so that is not that big a deal. Is there a way to assign probes when using internal memory? Could I just assign one probe as T2 and another as T1 in the sketch after running the wizard for internal memory?
If you're using Curt's RA Status app, go to the Memory section and scroll down to the Wavemaker Timers. There are two of them.
ritz

Post by ritz »

Are there any limitations to the internal memory setup? I was hoping to to do a few things that would require some coding; top off by salinity, Different wave maker patterns throughout the day/night and set up auto liquid feeding and dosing. Maybe 5-6 dosing pumps total. What would be the best route for me?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

There are a fixed number of memory locations with names. You can use them for whatever you want. There are only 3 sets of memory locations for dosing pumps, but I bet you could just pick some of the Radion ones or whatever else and push values in there and read them in your loop to turn dosing pumps on and off. You can push numbers in there with the Android app or even with the portal if you're re-using locations that are used for other things you don't have. The get and set functions for everything are in here:

https://github.com/reefangel/Libraries/ ... EEPROM.cpp

and the memory locations are in here:

https://github.com/reefangel/Libraries/ ... /Globals.h

If you wanted to change a byte value in any of the locations, say RadionSlopeEndW (the end of the slope upwards for your Radion) to use that as your dosing pump timer instead you could also do something like:

http://your.ip.address:2000/mb103,60

Which would put the number 60 into memory location 103 and that number would persist between reboots of the controller. You can read the number in there like:

http://your.ip.address:2000/mb103

One caveat is that you shouldn't write memory locations as part of your loop. They can only be written a fixed number of times before they fail.