Mounting of Probe and Float Switches

New members questions
g6gang

Mounting of Probe and Float Switches

Post by g6gang »

Other noob questions that I wish were answered in the user manual.

1) How to properly mount the PH probe? How far does it have to be in the water? is it ok if it is fully sumbersible? I know there are brackets for other PH Probes I have seen on BRS, but what does everyone use to hold it in position?

2) The Float switches that come with the controller. How to you keep these in position? The diagram says one has to be facing down and the other have to be facing up? What do you use to hold them in place? Also in the bag as an extra plastic nut and a rubber gasket. What do I use these for? The pics in the user manual seem like an older version of the hardware.

3) Temp sensor is about two degress off from my heater temp sensor. Is this normal? Is there any specs on the temp probe and how accurate it is +/- degrees?

4) When unplugging/plugging USB cable, does it matter if I unplug certain end first? Also it seems like pins allow for either direction, so I am just going off of the picture included with the user manual. It would be nice if it was more clear.

I am sure I will have more questions when I try to connect my jeabo adapters, but just starting off with basics.
rimai

Re: Mounting of Probe and Float Switches

Post by rimai »

1. I use no probe holder. I just use its own wire to hang it to my sump.
2. You use the nut to properly secure it to your holder. You can grab one holder from any supplier like autotopoff.com or build your own with acrylic.
3. It should be pretty accurate. It is factory calibrated and you don't need to do anything.
4. Yes, follow the picture in the manual.
Roberto.
g6gang

Post by g6gang »

for PH Probe - can it be fully submersed in the water?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, you can.
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Just because I have so many probe and things in my sump I got a 4 probe holder. It takes care of my pH, temp, salinity and grounding probes.

As for the ATO float values I took a PVC T and drilled out the stop that prevents the pipe from going all the way thru (you can use an elbow too) and then cut a slit in the elbow or T the wide of my sump wall and slide it over the wall.

On the bottom I put a PVC end cap and drilled a hole a little smaller than the width of the ATO threaded shaft. Tapped the end cap with a matching size bolt and threaded the wire thru the hole, up thru the pipe and out the T or elbow and screwed the float valve into the end cap.

The pipe protects the wires from getting damaged and you can fine tune the height of the float valve by screwing it in or out of the end cap.