Wizard internal memory definition, and changing IO to pwm

New members questions
Izanami

Wizard internal memory definition, and changing IO to pwm

Post by Izanami »

I have my initial program setup using the wizard, and playing with internal memory from ReefAngel Client. I have two unrelated question.

First, when the wizard generates code using internal memory, how does it set the values you used in the wizard (as opposed to the initial memory load)? Is there a separate file generated just to load new settings that it doesn't show?

Second, I plan to use the dimming ports to control kessil a360's. I read somewhere that the float switch ports could be configured to be a 5V PWM output somehow. Is there any documentation on this somewhere? I have a Jebao DC return pump, and eventually my plan is to use a level sensor to regulate my "herbie" style overflow with overflow level feedback. That way I can mess with my reactors and such that are running off my return pump, and not have to adjust my overflow constantly. Also, i'm hoping that I can reduce the time it takes for my return water level to rise so I dont have to hear the waterfall as it comes up slowly. but... If I have to buy an expansion hub and IO expansion just to do it, I will probably just leave it be....

Thanks,
Dale
rimai

Re: Wizard internal memory definition, and changing IO to pw

Post by rimai »

Yes, the wizard uploads a memory file first and then uploads your code.
Roberto.
Izanami

Post by Izanami »

Awesome, thats what I figured. Is that memory file saved anywhere or is it just done on the fly every time you load from the wizard?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Here's the thread on using the ATO for dimming. There's also info on modifying the Jebao cable to work with 5v.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ing#p28423

--Colin
rimai

Post by rimai »

Generates on the fly.
Roberto.