PH Calibration

New members questions
tech9

PH Calibration

Post by tech9 »

I'm having a little trouble figuring out my PH probe calibration.
Its brand new and I purchased hanna ph 7 and ph 10 buffer solution to calibrate.

I'm getting for pH 7 ~515
and pH 10 ~789

RA is telling me my pH is around 7.12 where my API test kit says 8.3

I tested by putting the probe directly into each of the packets, not sure if that is a problem or not. I let it sit for 10 minutes or more till it stops moving around. Washed with RODI water each time, and never let the probe get dry.

Now everytime i retest i'm getting different numbers on both 7 and 10. The last calibration i put the probe into rodi water and it was saying 10ph on the RA. What am I doing wrong?
lnevo

Re: PH Calibration

Post by lnevo »

Try taking some tank water out and measuring the ph in a cup. If it's still low then you have some stray voltage in the water. Try turning off devices and see if it goes away then you'll know what is causing it.
tech9

Re: PH Calibration

Post by tech9 »

I'm getting "better" readings now that the probe isnt submerged or as "wet" from the splashing return sock. My sump has probe holders right there, and I assumed it was meant to be submerged, and I guess I was wrong? Getting in the 8's in ph now, i think it still needs a little fine tuning. Also turning of ALL other electrical did not change the pH at all, so i'm assuming little to no voltage leaks.