looking to buy reef angel controller

New members questions
DMURB

looking to buy reef angel controller

Post by DMURB »

I've never used a controller and am in the market to purchase one. I've looked into the reef keeper and found its kind of a p.o.s. everyone sells them because they don't like them. I've also found that the apex is eextremely expensive. I was recommended by a few fellow refers that love there's. I guess I have a few questions that will help me figure out what I want to do. I have a 65 gallon tank with 2 jebao rw8 pumps a reef octopus skimmer. A return pump and 2 Ai sol blues. I want to run all of these as well as my return pump a salinity probe a temp probe ph probe. I want to run my heater as well. also plan to have an ato eventually. What reef angel unit do I use. As well as what attachments would I need To run my equiptment. Please any help and recommendations would be great
lnevo

Re: looking to buy reef angel controller

Post by lnevo »

I have a 65g also! With those requirements i would recommend the following:

RA Plus, wifi, expansion hub, dimming expansion, salinity expansion, single or multi water level expansion (for ATO, but can wait, you will have float switches, but sensor is more accurate and flexible).

Let us know what questions you have!
DMURB

Post by DMURB »

My biggest questions are to figure out the most important devices I will need to run the controller with ph probe. Temp probe. Salinity probe. 2 jebao rw8 powerheads. And 2 Ai sol blues. And definatly wifi. These are the most important to me for now. I can always add on if needed at a later time. I guess another question would be is this controller capable of running all of the things I want plus ato. Calcium reactor. Skimmer. return pump. Other reactors if needed. Is this capable of running a very tech savy tank of 300 Gallons with a sump tank
DMURB

Post by DMURB »

Also if I purchase the reef angel plus what is the difference between analog dimmer and pwm dimmer
DMURB

Post by DMURB »

Lol another question is can I set this up to email/text me notifications if things go bad.
?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The plus will do all the things you want. When you get the Ca reactor you'll want a ph expansion. With everything you want to do upfront I would recommend the dimming expansion initially. As I said you could wait on WL sensor but you will need the salinity expansion and dimming thus the need for a hub. You may want to consider a relay expansion as well as you gain confidence and put more under the RA control.

There's not much difference between the two models anymore but it defines what type of dimming you need. For the AI and Jaebos you'll want analog. The expansion will be selectable anyway and relay box as well if things change in the future.
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

DMURB wrote:Lol another question is can I set this up to email/text me notifications if things go bad.
?
I believe only email atm
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Email but most cell providers have email to txt gateways available.
DMURB

Post by DMURB »

Thank you for all the help guys. You really help make things easier especially knowing there's real people with answers that actually use this product. I'm not a technical master and by no means am I a comp programmer but it's good knowing there are people to ask questions and cam help and answer within moments. Not days or weeks
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Yes, some of us (me included) spend way too much time here. :lol:

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:Yes, some of us (me included) spend way too much time here. :lol:

--Colin
and others just lurk and watch the forums to try to keep up on any changes. :-)

Sent from my Moto X
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Happy New Year Lurk erh Curt! :)
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:Happy New Year Lurk erh Curt! :)
Happy New Year! Lee

Sent from my Moto X