RAGen and ReefCleint Help

New members questions
rimai

Re: RAGen and ReefCleint Help

Post by rimai »

Use this code for your refuge:

Code: Select all

if (bitRead(ReefAngel.Relay.RelayData,2)) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port5); else ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port5); 
This should put the refuge in reverse cycle of your port 3.

For your ATO, the timeout is not triggered automatically. It has to be manually reset. Timeout is used for several reasons such as preventing overflow and running pump dry.
If you want an ATO function that doesn't have timeout, we can create a simple function for you, but your idea is pretty solid too.
Roberto.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Thanks again Roberto. I've been testing out dosing kalk with my ATO pump the past few days. I was a little concerned that using the float switch might dump a lot of kalk water in my tank all at once and drive the pH up to much, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm going to try using the two switch in series with the single switch setup.

With regard to the code that you posted for the lighting, do I just post that in my PDE file at the bottom after the void loop() between the {} ?

BTW did the wifi module make it back to you yet?

Thanks,

Mike
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, I got it. Thanks.
The CheckCloud() function has to be pasted after the {} of the loop() function.
Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=288
It has a PDE sample for you to look at.
Roberto.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

I think you may have mixed this thread up with another one or now I'm really confused. :D

I was talking about the code that you gave me for the fuge lights a few responses ago:

if (bitRead(ReefAngel.Relay.RelayData,2)) ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port5); else ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port5);
rimai

Post by rimai »

Oh, sorry...
Got confused...
Yes, just place anywhere inside the {} of the loop() function. :)
Roberto.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

I played around with the ATO switch configuration and the code and have it working great. The code you posted for the fuge light worked perfectly also.

On to my next issue. I had installed Reef Client 2.2 on a separate desktop that stays on 24/7 rather than my laptop. I ran into some issues and tried to to a clean install. I tried to unistall it through the windows xp control panel, but that didn't appear to work. When I went to reinstall it the Reef Client installation packages asked me if I wanted to repair or unistall it. I tried both options and they both resulted in an error. Even tried removing it using regedit and had the same result.

I'm getting and error code 1001 that says several files don't exist.
binder

Post by binder »

There have been issues with the Client Suite and uninstalling it. As much as it pains me to say, reading through this thread may prove beneficial. I know there's a lot there, but I know issues have come up before.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=175

If you still are having problems, dmolton should be able to help out since he wrote the application.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Thanks binder!

I had done several searches over the past few days and came up empty. The answer to my issue was in the thread that you posted. I simply needed to manually unistall the logger and then rerun the installer and repair it. I'm up and running again. Now I'll see if I can tackle modifying my settings from Client.
binder

Post by binder »

awesome. glad you got it figured out. :-)