THANKS~!

New members questions
rufessor

THANKS~!

Post by rufessor »

A big thanks to the experts, its a minor accomplishment but after troubleshooting a few things I have my controller and PWM module up and running with RAgen code and powering my BRAND NEW LED BUILD... I finally finished everything about 12 am this morning... its awesome!

Now that I am very base line functional with dimming (all channels dim together) I will be starting on the path to actually coding and modifying PDEs to get my system customized. Thanks again for everyones help.

Thats all I wanted to say, THANKS.
rimai

Re: THANKS~!

Post by rimai »

Yay!! :)
Was it DIY fixture?
Can we see pics?
Roberto.
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

Yes, totally DIY. I spent a LOT of time on this build and it came out so SWEET!

I need to take some pics, and figure out how to post them... was not sure we could post pics of tanks so I didn't want to use up space.. but since you asked *GRIN*

Let me take a few tonight and I will post back, in moderation of course! I think I can say that so far, my skills seem to be in building, not programming C++... all my programming *experience* that I hoped to build on turns out to be in a babies first step Visual Basic environment and is NOT serving me well in C++... oh well... that which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Come on man!!!
Programming is just like riding bikes. No matter how long ago it has been your last ride and how different the bike is, they are all basically the same and you just need a couple rides to feel comfortable again :)
I've coded VB forever and still do. The libraries update utility was built on VB.net
I think you will see that it's much easier than you thought to get stuff customized to the way you want.
You just need to learn how to reference the stuff. That's all.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

yeah there is a lot involved with the coding, but like roberto said once you figure out how to reference stuff you will be set.
plus you have all of us to help out if you get stuck. :-)
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Rufessor said
Yes, totally DIY. I spent a LOT of time on this build and it came out so SWEET
I plan on building my own LED system soon and would like to know how you went about it. Please feel free to PM any details, or post into the Plaground area.

Regards
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

Hi All-

Thanks for the help, yeah its like riding a bike.. I am always fiddling with the instruments and recoding stuff in VBasic, so I can read pretty much all the code I see in C++ with some tables helping me with logical operators and other stuff thats different... so its just a matter of getting a few basic things figured out and then once I get code I know works under my fingers I am sorta thinking I will be able to turbo code the rest... but its just a learning process. Not at all feeling frustrated just hoping not to be too big of pain, its always the first working code to get more or less what you want that kills you, once you have baseline function bells and whistles are fun unless they need something to work different than what you started with... but thats the fun. THANKS.

For the reply RE build ideas. And any one else. I have a pretty comprehensive build thread at utahreefs.com
Just click on this link

http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts. ... less-build

As for the lights I just attached the files so I hope this works.
Canopy_LIGHTS.jpg
Canopy_LIGHTS.jpg (234.99 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
And here is the entire build
Canopy_Stand_lit_up_web.jpg
Canopy_Stand_lit_up_web.jpg (96.44 KiB) Viewed 6999 times