So there I was

New members questions
venomusdragon

So there I was

Post by venomusdragon »

I just purchased a BC29 setup from a guy. Included was a reef angel plus with the power module and a few other things. He gave me all the stuff I would need and a copy of his sketch. Me being me... decided I wanted to do my own thing. So I looked around the web for a bit, got all the software I needed, and began my journey into hair pulling. I have 0 experience with any sort of coding but I do know my way around computers a little bit but this thing is kinda beyond me at the moment. I followed the set up tutorials and stuff I could find, rest to factory sketch, blazee blazee. Things got weird on me. Now the power module cycles through all of the relays one by one non stop. I tried uploading his sketch back into it but it still does the same thing but with his custom interface showing. I've been googling for about 2 hours now trying to figure it out but I can't even seem to find anything remotely related. My experience with controllers doesn't go past the reefkeeper, so again, this is all new to me. Any help would be appreciated. I know this is something stupid I did, I just can't figure out how to revers engineer my own stupidity.

TIA
Charles
cosmith71

Re: So there I was

Post by cosmith71 »

Have you tried to set it up with the Wizard? Go to the tools menu and click on Reef Angel Wizard. Select "in the code" when it comes up.

That relay cycle thing sounds like a test code.

--Colin
venomusdragon

Post by venomusdragon »

I have yes. I've tried flashing different scripts over and over. They all upload successfully with no error. Same thing still happens though. The custom UI changes on the LCD and everything but the relays just continue to click on one by one over and over and over.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Can you post a pic of the RA screen?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Is it uploading probably? It sounds like your running the controller test code.
venomusdragon

Post by venomusdragon »

Sorry for the delay. I took the controller apart yesterday and found a few of the chips have posts melted off and corroded looking, what I get for buying second hand I suppose. Rather than just replacing the board I sold it already and hooked up my Archon that's been sitting in the box unused since September. I do appreciate the help though fellas, take care
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Sorry we couldn't help you further. Good luck with the Archon. i've heard good things about it.
rickztahone

Post by rickztahone »

venomusdragon wrote:Sorry for the delay. I took the controller apart yesterday and found a few of the chips have posts melted off and corroded looking, what I get for buying second hand I suppose. Rather than just replacing the board I sold it already and hooked up my Archon that's been sitting in the box unused since September. I do appreciate the help though fellas, take care
Must be nice to just have an Archon lying about...