Screen timeout effect on pH monitoring

New members questions
Irieivan

Screen timeout effect on pH monitoring

Post by Irieivan »

I installed a new pH probe and callibrated it last night, with the intention to control kalk dosing to counteract downward pH trend from calcium reactor (have not set this up via the wizard yet.)
When i leave my RA unattended for a while it swtches off the screen, I assumed this to be normal.
This morning when i switched on the screen, pH was on 6.... hardly possible, but it quickly climbed up to 7.9 and stayed there.
Is it normal for it to do that, and is it because i have not assigned a function / port to the pH probe?
My concern is if i was to dise kalk and this happens it woukd just keep on dosing.
Irieivan

Re: Screen timeout effect on pH monitoring

Post by Irieivan »

The issue seems to have resolved itself, probably me doing something wrong.
I have set the probe for pH control, to dose kalk when PH falls below a set point and stop dosing when it reaches a set point.
How would I go about setting a safety on the doser to prevent an overdose of kalk in the event of a pH failure.
I have no idea how to code, (or even to paste code) so in essence, I am asking nicely please for someone to write it for me.
I would like it not dose for more than 2 minutes, with a ten minute gap in between when the pH control tells it to dose.