New user, dosing pumps

New members questions
webdiddy

New user, dosing pumps

Post by webdiddy »

Hi!

I recently bought an Reef Angel Pro with lots of modules.
So far I have only the temp and the salinity tester setup and working.
One on the accessories I got was the dosing pump with two heads.

I have no idea on how to set up the dosing pump, and I am not able to find a manual for it either :(
Could someone please help me out?

Thanks!
binder

Re: New user, dosing pumps

Post by binder »

dosing pump is simply just plugin and when the port is on, the pump runs. when the port is off, the pump is off. you can run it from a timer if you want and not through the reefangel.

what else do you want to know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
webdiddy

Post by webdiddy »

I see. I wanted to know how to caibrate it. And a way for it to pump x amount of mll on a certain time. Also, when I plug in the power on pump 1 runs, pump two does nothing.
binder

Post by binder »

webdiddy wrote:I see. I wanted to know how to caibrate it. And a way for it to pump x amount of mll on a certain time. Also, when I plug in the power on pump 1 runs, pump two does nothing.
ok.
i don't recall off hand what the rate is for it (mL per minute) so I will have to look it up. (it's on the forum or website somewhere... in fact, it's probably on the website under the product description).
there's no function that doses a certain amount. there's just functions to dose every so many seconds.
there may be something wrong with one of the pumps... not sure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

I had forgotten about the main Dosing functions. They allow you to run a port/dosing pump for so many seconds at a specified time of day. So you could say run Port1 for 300 seconds at 8:30am.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I have functions in my code to calibrate, dose by volume, adjust alk by volume, keep logs of how much volume was dosed and also block the dosing ports from accidentally getting triggered. It requires you to flip a second switch as confirmation if you want to override your dosing pumps. It would take someone knowledgeable on the code to integrate in your ino, but it's relatively contained. There's just a lot of it :)

I can try to point you in the right direction, I just haven't had much forum time these days.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Here is the thread that has my INO http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2328

RunDosingPumps(); // Dose by volume or time
CalibrateDPumps(); // Calibrate Dosing pumps
LogDosingPumps(); // Keep track of dosing
adjustAlk(); // Adjust Alkalinity to desired PPM (thanks AlanM)
LockPorts(); // Clear overrides for critical ports

It shouldn't be that hard, but those are the functions you'll need to copy into your INO and call them from inside your loop() function. Then it would just be a matter of compiling and resolving the dependencies on whatever variables I have in global that are needed. There shouldn't be too many, just the memory locations where the information is stored.

For the calibration, you turn on the VO_Calibrate port and it will be in calibration mode. This is another port I protect with the LockPorts function so for me that would have to be off first (or on, I forget the default..) Anyway, once you're in calibration mode, it will log the time your dosing pumps are on. Whatever time you want. You can turn them off, on, off, on whatever. The cumulative time ALL your dosing pumps are on will be recorded in memory once you turn off the calibration port. It then uses the value you set in memory for the Mem_I_DPXVolume to figure out the flow rate.

So now that you know how the process works. You can calibrate it one of 2 ways. Either fill up a graduated cylinder or other up to a known volume. You would set this in the volume location. Or you can run the pump for 10 minutes and then record in the volume variable the amount that was dosed. Either way should result in the same flow.

After this is setup and you want to set the volume or duration for your dosing pump. You would set this up in the portal using the time settings. It will automatically convert that to volume and record it in the Mem_I_DPXVol variable. If you change the DPVol variable, it will update the default time variable, so you can always see your result.

The log function does two things actually. First it records when the pumps are on and totals the seconds converting it again to volume and storing that in a Custom variable that you can see on the portal. There's also a function there to manage vinegar dosign and incremental increases each week up to a max week. So you can setup your vinegar schedule at whatever point you want for as many weeks as you like.