Dosing Pump Confusion

Talk about you and your tank/equipment
Gideon1

Dosing Pump Confusion

Post by Gideon1 »

Hi...I brought the RA+, Wifi, and Dosing pump last week. I set the pump to dose 2-part I-bionic @ 7am 5 min delay on pumps. The pumps dosed at the time set 7am & 7:05am (one time per day), but to my suprise the pumps dosed again at 12:40pm (P1) & 12:45pm (P2), this happened while my duagter and I was watcing my Stary Blennie playing around. Has this happened to anyone else, the values for the pumps were set in Wisdord and are the only vaules set as far as I know....just concerned now about over dosing tank :? :o :shock:

~ben
rimai

Re: Dosing Pump Confusion

Post by rimai »

That was a bug in the libraries.
I fixed and attached the modified file for you to use until v1.0.2 is released.
Simply download the file and save it at "Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel" folder.
If asked to overwrite exsisting file, choose yes.
Attachments
ReefAngel.cpp
(134.47 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
Roberto.
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

I downloaded the file per your above instrutions. I then updated the controler and saved. I hope this takes care of the bug. Thanks for all your help. :)
Gideon1

Dosing Pump Confusion

Post by Gideon1 »

Roberto,

I like to thank you for all your help you've been great. I will recommend your product to all my reef buddies. Keep up the excellent customer service, it's the building block of great success.

-Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rimai

Post by rimai »

Cool :)
Roberto.
Gideon1

Dosing Pump Confusion

Post by Gideon1 »

Hey Roberto,
This controller is dosing randomly I was just feeding my fish (6:31est) and it dosed. I do not claim to be a coder wiz but I applied the fix you said they other day but the problem is on going....what is the problem here. In wizard all timing is set for 7am and 7:05 respectively, using I-bionic 2 part. This controller is dosing my tank independent of what I set it to dose, and my Cal level is now 576, wayyyy too high. This has been and on going problem that you are aware of. Please, what is the problem?...you said it was a bug.... And the file you sent would fix the problem, but it has not....please advise as this is your product and I am not very happy right now. My reef is suffering right now due to this on going problem.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rimai

Post by rimai »

We can solve this problem very easily with hard coding.
The problem is that you want to do it with no hard code, with control over the iphone and everything through the wizard.
The repeating dosing function is really meant for repeated doses every x minutes and I was trying to make it work for you without you having to custom code, because you said you don't want to deal with coding.
Evenly dosages spread over 24hrs is way much better than one single dump if you ask my opinion, but if you want to do one big dump like you said you wanted to do, it is your choice.
The repeat dosing function has been working for everyone else. So, if the function is not working for you, don't use it and we can hard code it to dump in a single dose, but this will require custom code that is not available through the wizard.
What would you like to do?
Roberto.
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

Thanks for getting back with me. All I want is to dose the aloted amount for my tank, whether its all at once or over the course of 24 hours. But this appers to be dosing for 20 seconds tow or three times per day. This morning I waited for it to dose at 7am and it did and while feeding tonight it dosed again. I am using I-bionic 2 part I do not know how to break it down over the course of 24 hours, My tank is a 75 gal, 60 pounds on LR, 120 pounds of LS, three corals, 4 fishes. How can I get the correct dose for the tank, My Cal level is 576ppm. You said doser would dose 1x at 7am every day which is good but, it does not do that. You said dosing over a peroid of time I am using 2-part I-bionic?I just want whats best for my fishes that's why I brought your product, but it;s having dozing issues. Please help me ?

~ben
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

rimai wrote:We can solve this problem very easily with hard coding.
The problem is that you want to do it with no hard code, with control over the iphone and everything through the wizard.
The repeating dosing function is really meant for repeated doses every x minutes and I was trying to make it work for you without you having to custom code, because you said you don't want to deal with coding.
Evenly dosages spread over 24hrs is way much better than one single dump if you ask my opinion, but if you want to do one big dump like you said you wanted to do, it is your choice.
The repeat dosing function has been working for everyone else. So, if the function is not working for you, don't use it and we can hard code it to dump in a single dose, but this will require custom code that is not available through the wizard.
What would you like to do?
Can you help me ?
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

Maybe manually dose for a while? Considering you dose once a day. That way he can work on a solution for long term.
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
rimai

Post by rimai »

Try this:
dosing.png
dosing.png (11.6 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
It will dose for 2 seconds every 360 minutes.

Maybe I don't have the correct words.
Can you please help me understand why you are having difficulties understanding what the description says?
What part of the description do I need to change to make it more clear that you want to dose for 2 seconds every 360 minutes?
I'll be more than glad to change it if it would make it easier to understand.
Roberto.
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

Thanks Drew....but one of the reasons for buy this system was to save me the time as I am busy like the rest of the world. What is your method of dosing?...do you use the reef angel dozer? if so how are you dosing via wizord or hard coding? thanks for your input, I'm just having problems as I'm not a coder...I just need help to get this right. Thanks!
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

rimai wrote:Try this:
dosing.png

Can you please help me understand why you are having difficulties understanding what the description says?
What part of the description do I need to change to make it more clear that you want to dose for 2 seconds every 360 minutes?
Okay, it seems as though I am having problems dozing. What will the off set number be for 5 min apart...I am sorry if I just dont understand but no need to patronize. Thanks!
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

rimai wrote:Try this:
dosing.png

...if this has not worked already why would you advise to use diferent numbers at shorter interval, it would just make it more difficult to notice the problem....
rimai

Post by rimai »

This function works just fine with shorter intervals.
The issue with your situation was the extended interval with a very long interval too.
I personally prefer hourly doses, but that's just me.
You can do 0 offset for the 1st pump and 5 offset for the second pump.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'm also not trying to patronize. I'm trying to make it more understandable for you and others that may use this.
If you are not understanding, there is a reason and if you could explain, maybe we could come up with a different way of wording the description that would make it easier to understand, so next user doesn't have the same confusion you are having.
This is an open source community. We are just as good as ourselves and by giving feedback on why you are having difficulties, it just makes it better for everyone and makes the product much more valuable to everyone.
There are certain things i take for granted and may cause confusion to others and that's why I was asking you to help.
One good example is the bug that you helped me find on the function. Without you pointing it out, I'd never have found it. So, you see?? Even you with no knowledge in programming is a helping member of the community and by pointing things out or helping with documentation or descriptions, we all gain from it.
Roberto.