2 RAs in tandem + H2O Automation

Talk about you and your tank/equipment
Sacohen

Re: 2 RAs in tandem + H2O Automation

Post by Sacohen »

Awesome.

This sounds like it might be what I want to disable the Auto-Feeder if I do a manual feed, like I was asking about over the weekend and you said to just override it.

I was afraid if I override it I would forget to remove the override and the fish would not get feed for a couple of days.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You need to disable the StartFeedMode() though...not the Feeder, but yes it can be used to Stop() the feeder for X amount of time :)
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Cool I'll look into it when you have more info up about it.
It's nothing earth shattering right now.
I can do an override if I do a manual feed.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The code for my mixing station is pretty complete at this point. Want to do some cleanup and commenting so it's clearer to read. Right now it's a bit on the convoluted side. I also want to clean up the use-case for the TimedPort class so I can use as an example in the documentation.

In any event, the cool part is that salt mixing is now fully automated. As my salt water bin gets low, I put the RA into waterchange mode which kicks off the mixing pump for 12 hours. Normally it's running every for an hour every other hour. Then I turn on an unused port which then starts adding water slowly (3 seconds on / 30 seconds off) until the "average" salinity drops below 35ppt. I've only tested so far with adding 5 gallons of water to the barrel, but after I do my water change this weekend, I'll try from a full bin of fresh water. By the way, if the barrel has been emptied below the low ato switch, then it will first pump in X amount of water. I've set this for 30 seconds but I have to see how much water that actually is :) Either way, I'll get some testing in this weekend.

Hopefully I can start doing some calibration testing soon on the auto water change pump so I can move forward on that piece.

Also, I haven't added this to the libraries yet, but I registered an issue so I can make a pull request. I added a function Auto to ReefAngel.Relay which will remove the masks from a port. We already had this with Override, but I think it reads cleaner without using Override. So soon we'll have On(), Off(), and Auto().
ewaldsreef

Post by ewaldsreef »

I am getting in on this conversation late but going back to the first part. Why not run the whole thing off of one RA? Would the r e be enough memory in one controller to do all of it?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

This was before RANet existed. It still may be too much distance. The mixing station is in the basement on opposite end of the house.
ewaldsreef

Post by ewaldsreef »

If this wasnt an issue then would using on controller have enough memory? Is there anyway to boost the signal on RANet?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yeah, plenty of memory. That's not the issue, just the distance.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

You can replace the XBee's with the pro models (series 1) and get more distance. They have to be reprogrammed, but it works.

--Colin