Stupid questions from new user

Talk about you and your tank/equipment
paperdesk

Re: Stupid questions from new user

Post by paperdesk »

Makes sense about the driver. I'll look into that more, I didn't realize they were swapping drivers, just thought they did a little wiring.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

For the evergrow its not a driver swap (just wiring changes) but it is still a driver limitation.
paperdesk

Post by paperdesk »

I'm just checking to make sure I understand this correctly:

I should be able to save money up front and begin with a minimal setup to start out, going with just the RA+ controller (analog), and WIFI expansion. There would be some limitations as listed below.

This would allow control of two modified Evergrow fixtures, and everything else I mentioned in the first post except "dimming" of the Jabao pumps (since I would only have two dimming ports). I would have to double up the light fixture controls on the dimming ports, and would also have to plug the light fixtures into non-controlled power outlets, since I wouldn't have room room for the four plugs on the relay box. Will this work?

Late on I would add the modules and other accessories I want.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You'd actually be able to control the jaebo pumps with the ato ports. You would need a modified (ie special order) 5V jaebo cables.

Right now the libraries only have support for using the low port but that could be worked around.
paperdesk

Post by paperdesk »

Inevo, thanks for the reply, very interesting option! I think I did see that come up on a thread somewhere. My only concern with that is I think I want my ATO controls for ATO, though if I get the water level expansion I guess they would be free. I have a bit more reading to do! I've been considering everything more, and I think I'm going to go for a lighting option that has a built in controller, so that should simplify things quite a bit for now at least. I think this means that I should now get the PWM controller now instead of the analog since it's cheaper, and will work with the Jabao pumps.
paperdesk

Post by paperdesk »

I just realized this, if I add a relay expansion I will get another set of dimmers right? There are two sets of dimmers on each relay box?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

paperdesk wrote:I just realized this, if I add a relay expansion I will get another set of dimmers right? There are two sets of dimmers on each relay box?
Only the dimmers on the first box work.

--Colin
paperdesk

Post by paperdesk »

cosmith71 wrote:
paperdesk wrote:I just realized this, if I add a relay expansion I will get another set of dimmers right? There are two sets of dimmers on each relay box?
Only the dimmers on the first box work.

--Colin
Ok, glad I asked!