Multiple RA Units

carlii

Multiple RA Units

Post by carlii »

Ok. So I have a RA on my 120 mixed reef. I was out of three days and my RTA in my was ready to die in my 46 gallon because the water level dropped which raised the salinity. So, I hate wasting money. I need an ATO, I bought a wave l maker controller. And now I realize, again that a RA is cheaper than the route I am taking.

So I am considering buying another controller. My question is, how would I control two RAs remotely? I use my iPhone and the web portal extensively.
rimai

Re: Multiple RA Units

Post by rimai »

Android supports 2 profiles to be setup, but not the iphone :(
The Portal also does not offer 2 profiles due to how the forum/database is setup, but you could always logout and login with another username to change the portal userid.
Roberto.
carlii

Post by carlii »

What about using different port numbers? The ports would have to be different right?
rimai

Post by rimai »

correct
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

i have 2 ra units on my home network and just use 2 different ports on my router for access outside my network.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

I run 2 as well. They're at different locations, but I will run different ports. To run portal, you'll have to create two profiles. But we'll fix that one day... right Roberto? :-P