RA ATO pump

carlii

RA ATO pump

Post by carlii »

I am trying to get some specs on the RA ATO pump. My aqua lifter isn't strong enough to lift the water from the reservoir in my stand to my 46 gal tank. How powerful is the RA pump?
rimai

Re: RA ATO pump

Post by rimai »

It's a peri pump and you should be fine for under 8 feet of head.
Sebyte is using it for downstairs/upstairs, but I think he mentioned he is getting flow loss.
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Correct, I am lifting just over 10ft. I am using the water sensor extension and have fine tuned it to opperate with difference of 2%. My tank is 65 gals and is closed hooded so evaporation is minimal. Although the flow rate is low it is adequate for my needs once I had set the time out longer.

I am thinking of setting up a two stage ATO. I will use my old ATO hardware to lift water into a holding tank in the base cabinet from my large RD/DI barrel in the basement. Then use the peristolic pump and water level sensor to top up the tank. In the past I have had to carry 5 gal jugs of water up to the holding tank, I just want to save myself the exercise :D
rimai

Post by rimai »

Is it substantially lower flow than with zero head?
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

It is about a third. I was wondering if one of the non return valves that you sent with the dosing pumps might reduce the back pressure? The dosing pumps by the way are producing a better flow rate and are pumping the same head, but don't need to run for so long.

I have looked locally but cannot source one the same. All I can find are ones ment for air lines, and I don't think they would be up to the job.
carlii

Post by carlii »

I installed my RA ATO pump on yesterday and it is perfect. The mounting holes are a great benefit as well.