Help please.

cherub

Help please.

Post by cherub »

This is hopefully an easy fix but who knows...

Just got the Reef Angel today in the mail. Got the wifi attachment with it. I followed the instructions I could find regarding setting the wifi up. I read to use the example code under sketchbook "wifisetup" which I did. I hit the upload button and that uploaded fine. Now my issue is that's the only code on my controller now and any attempt I make to add more or even reset to factory default gives an error! upload error I get is "Error Compiling" and the error I get when trying to restore factory default is "An error has occurred, please try again."

I have been trying to fix this for hours with no resolve. Please help! I would love to get this set up and mounted to my aquarium.
rossbryant1956

Re: Help please.

Post by rossbryant1956 »

sometimes arduino gets confused, caches a bunch of stuff in memory when it shouldn't. Close all instances of arduino, count to 100, then restart arduino, open a fresh .ino and try again. If that doesn't work, reboot your machine, try again.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

also, many of us do wifi last, tends to be a little confusing. Get the basics running and doing it's job, lights, temp, ph, etc. This will give you the experience w uploading, etc, plus you'll have working code to start from.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
cherub

Post by cherub »

I've already tried that and the reboot :( I've tried reinstalling even. Nothing is working, I just get errors. I can't even get to the basics because of this error. I'm stonewalled at this point.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you make sure you have the correct board on menu Tools->Board and the correct serial port on menu Tools->Serial Port?
Also, check the manual for the wifi attachment. There are easier ways than the wifisetup.ino code.
The new modules are coming with WPS push-button if your router has one too and there is zero-config for that option.
Roberto.
cherub

Post by cherub »

Oh I was able to set up the wifi. That's connected. But that's all I can get on the screen.

Wifi set up: Press joystick to continue. When I hit the joystick I get "Status 8131 Already setup. exiting... up"

Nothing happens after this. Joystick does nothing
cherub

Post by cherub »

Roberto helped me via email. Turned out I had old libraries downloaded on my pc somehow. This was fixed by deleting the folder in my documents and reinstalling. If anyone else has this issue this is the fix! Thanks again Roberto!
rimai

Post by rimai »

You are all set with the wifi attachment then.
You can now use the Wizard to generate your code and make sure you check wifi attachment box.
Tools->Reef Angel Wizard.
Roberto.