Wifi question

cherub

Wifi question

Post by cherub »

So I got the wifi attachment and tried to update the code but it tells me I need to use the USB cable. What is the point of the wifi? Is it seriously just for the app to look at your parameters while away? I need to update my code but if I can’t do it through the wifi then I will have to take it all down just to plug it in as my pc is 3 rooms away.

Is there a way to update it through the wifi??? If not that needs to be fixed asap. I thought with the wifi I would be able to program, monitor, update code but so far all it does is the app which only monitors which is really not worth 120 dollars.
rimai

Re: Wifi question

Post by rimai »

You cannot upload codes with the wifi attachment.
Roberto.
cherub

Post by cherub »

So 120 dollars just to look at the status... Well then I really do not recommend buying that unless you're one of those who travels a lot. The wifi is almost completely useless. Wish you would say that in the product description.

Yesterday my heater must have overheated so overheat mode kicked in. I didn't get the alarm on my phone or tablet which is annoying in itself. this morning I check it and the temp is 68 degrees. All my zoas are closed, the heater never turned back on until I cancelled overheat mode. This could have been avoided if I got notified but I didn't. I hope you understand my frustration. Why on Earth offer a wifi attachment if it's not going to let you do things wireless. I'm not a happy customer so far.
modulok

Post by modulok »

I believe you can setup alerts on the portal. The portal has a good amount of useful items. Also with the Android app you can control ports, toggle feed/water change modes, and set parameters with the internal memory.

I agree the wifi unit is a little pricey, but it never said it would upload code. I also hoped it would, but asked on the forums before I purchased to confirm.
cherub

Post by cherub »

Yeah I seen the feeding mode and such but usually you're at the head unit when you use that anyway. I was hoping to be able to control ports but don't see that option. maybe there's another version of the app somewhere? I get feeding mode, water change, exit mode and clear ato and overheat.

My temp is up to 71 degrees I hope I don't lose a bunch of stuff >.<
Last edited by cherub on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbmet

Wifi question

Post by dbmet »

There are several alerts you can setup on the portal. I have a few setup.
cherub

Post by cherub »

yeah I have alerts set up but they didn't alert me is the issue.