Your RA backboard\cord management system

Smotz

Re: Your RA backboard\cord management system

Post by Smotz »

I took a different approach to cable management - I hid them!
Attachments
Sparaco-01918.jpg
Sparaco-01918.jpg (66.55 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Sparaco-01933.jpg
Sparaco-01933.jpg (41.45 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Piper wrote:I just had to put a new sump under my tank and revamped all the wiring while I was at it. Here's a few pics:

Picasa Album

~Charlie
What are those tan plastic boxes your RA cables are running into in the first picture? They look like something I need :)
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

That's just cord management stuff, Home Depot has tons of it.
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Some nice ideas here! As systems become more complex, wires become an issue.

Is that a dual RA dosing pump?

--Colin
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Great idea for the thread.. This is my next part of my new build. . Thinking I'm going to use the door like the first pic. . Is anybody having issues with the relay boxes under the tank. . Like humidity wise.. Also thinking of moving the whole shooting match into a larger cabinet next to the tank that im going to have my Ato res in. . Im gonna need extensions for most everything though.. might be more trouble than its worth.. Anybody have the head unit like 4' from the tank? My concern would be the PH probe not being accurate the farther it is away from the tank. . I can extend the temp no problem but not sure on the PH.. already got a longer SVGA Cable from a second hand store and its black too :)..still need to test that one though as I heard not all will work. .

Will post what I come up with in a few weeks.
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

I've always kept my controllers under the tank without problems. The back of my stand is open, though.
JoshSD

Your RA backboard\cord management system

Post by JoshSD »

When mine was on the door I had a drop of water go in the controller in space around the temp probe plugs and fried one of the chips on the board (Roberto graciously repaired it, I bought a plus board upgrade anyway). Must have happened during maintenance.

I've since moved everything outside the cabinet and have it mounted on the wall next to the tank. I throw a towel over the RA when I'm doing maintenance now.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

JoshSD wrote:When mine was on the door I had a drop of water go in the controller in space around the temp probe plugs and fried one of the chips on the board (Roberto graciously repaired it, I bought a plus board upgrade anyway). Must have happened during maintenance.

I've since moved everything outside the cabinet and have it mounted on the wall next to the tank. I throw a towel over the RA when I'm doing maintenance now.

Thanks for the heads up on that issue something I need to keep in mind.

The back of my stand is open also so I think I'll be ok with the main unit and relay away from the area where I change socks and reactors.

I made a sheet of plywood finish grade ply that I'm gonna run all my cords behind , just having the modules and relay on it hopefully with a nice cord management approach and thinking of routing my head unit through on that outside wall of the stand with the unit in view and accessible . Still in progress and not too high on the to do list but I think I have my general idea down for my design. Weary on drilling the stand but it will most likely happen ;). I'll post back with pics.. Warning it will be a while LOL..
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!