Wooohoooo!!

Paulturner911

Wooohoooo!!

Post by Paulturner911 »

Just got my wifi in today!!! Managed to get everything fired up and running. Pulled the wires out of the USB power supply on accident and had to reprint and solder them....murr. It was that or unmount the relay box and drag it over to my pc in order to update the RA. The wifi unit didn't have the quick connect button so I used the first option on the wifi manual. Worked like a charm! Then setup the port forwarding in my router. Did my first feed cycle from my iPhone tonight. I did have an issue activating the mode from my phone...but then again I'm not sure what I am doing within the app. I renamed the relays and what not, just not sure what's going on with the "water change/feed modes"... Trauma and repeatition:) Is there any way of graphing the ph/temp and monitoring the via the app?
Paulturner911

Re: Wooohoooo!!

Post by Paulturner911 »

Also, what's next for me? Other than the obvious calibrating the ph! How can I make this better for me? I'm sure you seasoned RA guys have some direction for me?!
binder

Post by binder »

good job! as far as what is next, that just depends on what you want to attempt your controller to do. there are lots of ideas....you could create a custom menu or custom main screen. you can perform led slopes to simulate sunrise and sunset. you could automate water changes. you could have your controller notify you if the parameters on your tank are out of range.

lots of possibilities.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

I have it emailing me if the tank overheats, Ill setup the floats to day for the ATO sump "low", and the overflow "backed up" those will email me also. Ive got non dimmable lights rigth now, so sunrise sunset isnt an option TODAY! I really need to calibrate the PH and set that for notification. Mess with the iphone app and see if I can figure out the feeder mode and how to set it on the app. It works from the controller, just kind of funky on the app. Ive got zero code history, but Id like to make some small changes to my existing programs that were written with the wizard. So Ive got to dabble in that neck. Is there anyway to update code with out lugging the unit over to my pc now that I have it all networked?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I have non-dimmable leds as well. You could still do sunrise sunset and have the times be variable based on GPS coordinates for reefs aroudn the world...
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

lnevo wrote:I have non-dimmable leds as well. You could still do sunrise sunset and have the times be variable based on GPS coordinates for reefs aroudn the world...

How would I go about doing this? I currently have timed events for the lights to turn on actincs, then halides-halides off, then moonlight on, actincs off...and so on. How could I do it like you are saying? I have ONLY used the wizard to code thus far. Im sure Ill have to dive in tonight when I set up the float switches.
lnevo

Wooohoooo!!

Post by lnevo »

It's complicated and easy at the same time...post your code so I can see how your current schedule is.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

lnevo wrote:It's complicated and easy at the same time...post your code so I can see how your current schedule is.
Should I just open RA and cut and paste it here?
I think this is what I made on the wizard. Since I have the iphone app my feeding mode isnt the same. I think I changed it from my phone. I am not sure what the blue dots next to the status of my relays mean as far as modes go. When I hit feed mode it read "updating" and stuff changed. Now even my feed mode from my controller doesnt work. I have not hooked it back up to the cpu since then. I was hoping to be able to "code" over the wifi. Is this possible? I hate having my tank not running while I take the long road learning code. Thanks

#include <ReefAngel_Features.h>
#include <Globals.h>
#include <RA_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <InternalEEPROM.h>
#include <RA_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <RA_ATO.h>
#include <RA_Joystick.h>
#include <LED.h>
#include <RA_TempSensor.h>
#include <Relay.h>
#include <RA_PWM.h>
#include <Timer.h>
#include <Memory.h>
#include <InternalEEPROM.h>
#include <RA_Colors.h>
#include <RA_CustomColors.h>
#include <Salinity.h>
#include <RF.h>
#include <IO.h>
#include <ORP.h>
#include <AI.h>
#include <PH.h>
#include <WaterLevel.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

////// Place global variable code below here

////// Place global variable code above here

void setup()
{
// This must be the first line
ReefAngel.Init(); //Initialize controller
// Ports toggled in Feeding Mode
ReefAngel.FeedingModePorts = Port1Bit | Port2Bit | Port5Bit | Port6Bit | Port7Bit;
// Ports toggled in Water Change Mode
ReefAngel.WaterChangePorts = Port1Bit | Port2Bit | Port5Bit | Port6Bit | Port7Bit | Port8Bit;
// Ports toggled when Lights On / Off menu entry selected
ReefAngel.LightsOnPorts = Port2Bit | Port3Bit | Port5Bit | Port6Bit | Port8Bit;
// Ports turned off when Overheat temperature exceeded
ReefAngel.OverheatShutoffPorts = Port3Bit | Port5Bit | Port6Bit | Port8Bit;
// Use T1 probe as temperature and overheat functions
ReefAngel.TempProbe = T1_PROBE;
ReefAngel.OverheatProbe = T1_PROBE;
// Set the Overheat temperature setting
InternalMemory.OverheatTemp_write( 869 );

// Ports that are always on

////// Place additional initialization code below here

////// Place additional initialization code above here
}

void loop()
{
ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port1,30 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port2,11,0,23,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port3,10,0,22,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port5,12,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port6,12,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn( Port7,10 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Port8,22,0,10,0 );
ReefAngel.StandardLights( Box1_Port2,9,0,19,0 );
ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight( MoonPhase() );
ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic( MoonPhase() );
////// Place your custom code below here

////// Place your custom code above here

// This should always be the last line
ReefAngel.Portal( "paulturner911" );
ReefAngel.ShowInterface();
}
lnevo

Wooohoooo!!

Post by lnevo »

It should be pretty straight forward based on what your doing with lights...

As far as feeding mode...why do you want to toggle so many ports for feeding/water change modes...normally you just want to toggle things like pump.skimmer, heater (in wc mode)

Not exactly sure on the problem you're having though.

As far as coding can you get a laptop or long cable to your computer? I don't recommend fully disconnecting to change code if possible... You cannot change code over wifi...

Do you have an RA or RA+? Before we add sunrise/sunset code, I want to make sure you have room for it...
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

I have an RA+. In the ipad app what do the blue circles next to the on/off toggle mean? For Feed Mode I would like to turn off MH/Return pump/Powerhead. Have the powerhead turn on after 15min pump after 30min. The skimmer is not on my relay box, as I run it 24/7. Right now I have no reservoir for WC mode. I have my ATO tub only. I dont really want another laying around. Tonight I hooked up the float switches. I would like the left on the controller to notify my of ATO low reservoir (aqua lifter is not on relay box), and the right to turn off the return pump if the overflow is backed up(even though I have a emergency line that is fully capable)....just wanted to put the switch to use:) I can use a friends laptop, but my PC is prob close to 75ft from my DT. I currently have it set to email me if the temp rises too much but I get my calibration fluid tom and Ill tackle the pH.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

As im looking over the code I posted I see somethings that are familiar to my settings. This just is a bit of hieroglyphs at first. Ill gt the hang of it once I mess around. Just a bummer that the system has to be down in the learning curve.

Thanks
lnevo

Wooohoooo!!

Post by lnevo »

The blue dots are "masks"

If the port is on and you temporarily want it off like in feed/wc mode, a mask is applied to override the port without changing the state of the port.