Arduino Books?

Piper

Arduino Books?

Post by Piper »

If someone wanted to learn more about the electronics end of things, specifically the Arduino, can you recommend any good books to get started with? I kind of need to start at the basics and work my way up from there. I can code reasonably well but I just don't have the electronics background.

~Charlie
rossbryant1956

Re: Arduino Books?

Post by rossbryant1956 »

I googled arduino books and got a lot of hits. the number one link was:

Arduino Books
www.arduinobooks.com/

Not a recommendation, never read it
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
johniii

Post by johniii »

I just bought a kit on ebay. It will show you some basic circuits and some that are more advanced.
Piper

Post by Piper »

Very cool. Thanks! I found my local B&N has "Electronics for Dummies" which sounds like it's right up my alley :) I'll pick that up tonight. I'll probably stop by Fry's and grab a kit before long as well. I also found a couple of Arduino books I can get for my Kindle that looked like they were decent as well.

~Charlie
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

You can get various flavors of arduino clones off ebay too. I picked up a Sainsmart 2560 mega clone with a LCD shield, a development/breadboard shield and about 50 breadboard wires all for around $50.

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

Piper

Post by Piper »

Any recommendations for a good place to buy just a basic electronics kit without Arduino/Raspberry Pi boards? I have a shopping list of various resistors, diodes, transistors, ICs (555 timers and LM741 op-amps for now) and capacitors that I need for the book I picked up. And a breadboard or two. Between Fry's and Radio Shack I can get it all but I'm looking for a kit that might have most of the items to save a few bucks. I'm searching Google and eBay for kits with to see what I can find but thought I'd ask here too.

~Charlie
rimai

Post by rimai »

I buy this stuff online from digikey or mouser
Roberto.
Piper

Post by Piper »

Thanks, Roberto! I'll check them out and see if they have any kits. Not too thrilled with what I'm finding on eBay so far. With the kits I found there I still need to pick up more parts/pieces making it about the same cost.

~Charlie
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

Talking about books. Arduino cookbook is a good one
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative