Basic Wizard Blockhead Questions

tang185

Basic Wizard Blockhead Questions

Post by tang185 »

I want to control 2 x Jaebo WP40s and 3-4 Reef Breeder LED fixtures using my Reef Angel.

Controlling Jaebos

For the Jaebos, I buy the Jaebao cable harnesses from RA and use them to connect the pumps with the dimming ports in one of my relay boxes, bypassing the Jaebo controller, right? And if I want to make them work in the Vortech anti-synch mode, I paste the code that Roger has provided at very end of my INO code. But where exactly do I find my INO code? Is this accessed through the Reef Angel Wizard program? If not, where?

Controlling Reef Breeder LEDs

I assume I need either the Apollo or Aqua Illumination cables to make this happen? Which one should I get? Once I have the right cable, I use it to connect the Reef Breeder LED unit with the dimming ports in my second Relay box and follow the instructions on Reef Wizard, right? Assuming there are two dimming ports on each relay box, I would need to buy a dimming expansion unit to add more LED fixtures (since I will be using two of the four dimming ports for the Jaebo cables). If that’s the case, what type of dimming expansion unit do I need: the PWM or Analog?

I realize I’m asking a lot here and I apologize for being so needy. Any help/advice is very much appreciated, especially the type that is not chock full of sarcastic invective.

Thanks again,

Mike, the 60 Year Reef Angel Virgin
rimai

Re: Basic Wizard Blockhead Questions

Post by rimai »

Yes for the Jebao pumps.
Not sure about that fixture. I've never used nor seen it before. I don't think they are controllable by 3rd party controllers.
But if they are, you will need the dimming expansion module. The 2 port on the expansion modules get disabled when the relay box is used as expansion.
Roberto.
tang185

Post by tang185 »

Great. Thanks for quick reply. Now where do I find my INO code to tack on the Jaebo code from your tutorial?

I understand the fixture (http://www.reefbreeders.com/bridgelux_value.html) is made by a Chinese company called Evergrow. Reef Breeders also offers a larger Evergrow fixture with a built in controller. SO if RA can't control the less expensive model, I'll go for the one with the built in controller.

Mike
rimai

Post by rimai »

Use the Wizard :)
Roberto.
Atari

Post by Atari »

Tang185,
Did you ever get this figured out? It is almost exactly what I am planning, and would like to know what I need before I order the lights and this controller.
Thank you
markywmson

Post by markywmson »

I have the Reef Breeders Photon 32, and I asked Logan (from RB) this question, and they can wire the basic fixtures to be PWM controllable, but the normal drivers (and the lights with the built-in controllers) can't be controlled by a 3rd party reef controller. There are workarounds (that take some work) to use a light sensor to trigger things to happen in the RA, but that is beyond the scope of this answer...

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2740