Port active in feeding/water change mode

rimai

Re: Port active in feeding/water change mode

Post by rimai »

Humm...
It does look like it may be hardware, but if the controllertester doesn't produce the same behavior, seems a bit strange too...
When you ran the tester, were you able to reproduce this behavior?
Roberto.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

No, the tester seemed to run fine. My sketch seemed to run fine for a few days as well. It's only yesterday I noticed my tunze pump running when using feed / water change mode. So far it only seems to be socket 1 on my relay box.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Made a bit of a breakthrough on this today.

I rebuild my sketch from scratch and that seemed to work fine, for a while. Did a new sketch today do just do the PWM values changing and again the pumps were fine. To make a long story short, it looks like my tunzes will run at full speed if the min value is not set to 30. If I have a min/max of 50/100 (LongPulse) running non synced they both run full speed. However if I do the same but 30/100 everything works as expected (different speeds and swap over after 5s duration).

Not sure if it's something particular to my units but happy that I finally figured it out. Anyone else seen this behavior before? I've got 2 x 7095 pumps.
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

bubbles wrote:Made a bit of a breakthrough on this today.

I rebuild my sketch from scratch and that seemed to work fine, for a while. Did a new sketch today do just do the PWM values changing and again the pumps were fine. To make a long story short, it looks like my tunzes will run at full speed if the min value is not set to 30. If I have a min/max of 50/100 (LongPulse) running non synced they both run full speed. However if I do the same but 30/100 everything works as expected (different speeds and swap over after 5s duration).

Not sure if it's something particular to my units but happy that I finally figured it out. Anyone else seen this behavior before? I've got 2 x 7095 pumps.
Yes, I have similar behavior with my Tunze 6105. If I set the low value to 30 the pump stops until the value is increased to 36. I always thought it was because the Reef Angel might output different voltage at 30% than the stock Tunes controller at 30% but I didn't have one to test my theory.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Still having relay #1 stay on when feeding and water change modes activated :-(
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think it could be the relay. That's the only thing I can think of.
The weird part is that it passes the test... :?
You can send it back for repair.
PM me for details.
Roberto.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

I'll do a double check today of the test suite just to be sure.