New to RA questions

Hudds

New to RA questions

Post by Hudds »

Reading about the numerous capabilities of Reef Angel and its customization options, I’m thinking of buying it for the new set-up I’m planning.
I’m totally new to Arduino programming and programming in general, however I trust with the top notch help & support provided in this forum I’ll manage to find my way around.

As a starting point, I want to use the RA for the standard functions (PH monitoring, ATO, Temp + heating/cooling operation) as well as controlling the wp40 and the return pump.

Now, I’ve got the following questions, if you could help me with:

1) The wp40 operates with both signals, so if I order the RA+ PWM unit I’ll be fine, right?

2) Regarding the return pump, I have a Boyu DC8000 and I’m thinking of upgrading to a Speedwave/Waveline DC10000 (the one with its own controller). The latter has its individual flow rate controller while the Boyu has not.
2.1) Can the Boyu be controlled with RA?
2.2) For the DC10000, how does it work out since it has its own controller? Would I need to change the cable (as done for wp40)? If so, do you know what cable is to be used?
2.3) I assume if these pumps are controllable by RA I can have all sorts of modes & flows, right?
2.4) Am I ok with the RA+ PWM main unit for these pumps as well?

3) The wifi attachement, allows only for remote browsing or remote control as well? For example, could I remotely change wave modes, switch on/off ports etc ?
Yorgos
rimai

Re: New to RA questions

Post by rimai »

1. Yes, you are fine with PWM.
2. I don't have any information from these pumps. The manufacturer of waveline (RLSS) doesn't seem interested to provide me with any info, even after I sent one RA demo unit to them for testing. I was promised one of their pumps for testing and they stopped communication after I sent my demo unit. So, my best guess is you would be able to, but some tests would be required.
3. Yes, you can remote monitor and control with wifi attachment.
Roberto.
Hudds

Re: New to RA questions

Post by Hudds »

Thank you for the ultra fast reply Roberto!

Shame for Waveline's attitude. The Boyu Eco JNB 8000 is supposed to be a DC variable frequency pump (Power 220V to 240v Voltage 50Hz), but this is all info I've got as well from the seller's website.
I'll come back to you when everything is set up and running, trying to sort something out if feasible.
Yorgos