ATO tank

riggeek

ATO tank

Post by riggeek »

Was just pondering a system to use the RODI unit to fill pressuriezed tank.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reverse-o ... -tank.html

Then use this with a solenoid to top the tank off.

I am worried about how to put the safety's in place to make sure i do not have a flood. Maybe a rope leak detector.
I am going to design the new tank stand with the bottom part of the tank stand to be a giant water catch pan to help with problems.

The will almost never be a time the house does not have person in it for more the 8 hours.

I am asking because I am going to be starting a new 125 gallon tank in the next few months and am looking for a way to make tank care easier for my Wife while i am at work for extend periods of time.

What safety's would you do? What things would you add to make tank maintenance easier?
riggeek

lnevo

Re: ATO tank

Post by lnevo »

I think it's a great idea. You can combine a float switch with a water level switch and the leak detector. I am fully confident leaving my tank for over a week at this point.

Personally I have a water level sensor in my ato reservoir that I automate refilling to 100%. I have float switches that tell me if my sump level is too low or too high. I have a pressure switch for my skimmate collector that shuts down my skimmer if it gets full.

They all send me alerts so I'm always in touch with what's going on.
riggeek

Post by riggeek »

Would you put the pressure tank in the stand or keep it remote like in the laundry room? I was thinking about remote under my utility sink in the laundry room then just have a solenoid to shut it on and off in the stand.

Would solenoid would you use?
riggeek

lnevo

Post by lnevo »

One that defaults to off. I dont know what brands are better though. But I wouldn't try for the cheapest :)