dosing

lnevo

Re: dosing

Post by lnevo »

nbelohlav wrote:i messed up my calculations and went back and redid them and i will have to dose 44 ml a day of cal with i will have to run for a total of a 1 minute a day or 10 seconds every 6 hrs. and for alk i will need 22 ml a day for 30 total seconds a day or 5 seconds ever 6 hrs. and mag will be done manually till i get another doser.
44ml/day = 58.66 minutes /day based on .75ml/minute

That would be 3520 seconds per day or 880 seconds 4 times a day if every 6 hours...

I *think* you did not convert your minutes to seconds and just called it seconds :)
nbelohlav

Post by nbelohlav »

im bring both alk and cal back up today and tomorrow since i have to work tonight... ill check them again tomorrow and see where i am at... this is more of a pain then i thought that it was gonna be
nbelohlav

Post by nbelohlav »

lnevo wrote:
nbelohlav wrote:i messed up my calculations and went back and redid them and i will have to dose 44 ml a day of cal with i will have to run for a total of a 1 minute a day or 10 seconds every 6 hrs. and for alk i will need 22 ml a day for 30 total seconds a day or 5 seconds ever 6 hrs. and mag will be done manually till i get another doser.
44ml/day = 58.66 minutes /day based on .75ml/minute

That would be 3520 seconds per day or 880 seconds 4 times a day if every 6 hours...

I *think* you did not convert your minutes to seconds and just called it seconds :)
my dosing pumps run at .75ml/sec not .75 ml/min
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

.75ml/sec seems very fast. The BRS doser is 1.1ml/minute but I see the RA dosing pump is .75ml/sec also...

The best thing to do also since every pump and deployment is different would be to calibrate it to get the actual rate.

Pick a container that you can dose into and run the pump for 10 minutes. Measure the amount that comes out and divide it by 10 to get per minute or by 600 to get per second.

You could also do it by the reverse as well and choose a container with a known volume. Time how long it takes to get to that amount.

If you like... I've done a lot of the work to automate this and then let you dose by volume and also to calibrate your pumps. I would need to assist in getting it running with your INO file, but it would be a good test. You'd be a bit of a guinea pig but it would make this extremely easy I think for you. All you would have to do is tell your RA how many ml you want and it would do the rest.

Take a look at this thread starting at this post. http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=26793#p26793

If this is something your interested in, it would basically convert your RA into something better than a Bubble Magus Triple Doser :)