pH fluctuates with wifi blue light

brettb

pH fluctuates with wifi blue light

Post by brettb »

Hi guys.

For a while now my Wifi has been loosing connection and the blue light starts to flash. I have to unlplug it and plug it back to get it back online. But I have also been having issues with my PH probe where the PH value continuously fluctuates from 7.8 to 8.5, it is never stable for more than a few seconds. My ph graph looks like a scatter chart.

Today I noticed the issues are actually related to one other. I recorded it on video so you could see for yourself http://youtu.be/L5tAypJbJso
My PH only fluctuates if the wifi attachment looses connection and flashes its blue light. If the wifi attachment is connected to my network or if I unplug the wifi attachment from the reef angel the PH is dead stable.
When the blue light comes on it flashes a few times and then stays solid for a few seconds, its at this moment when the blue lights is solid taht the the PH value goes crazy. Another thing I noticed and I am not sure if its clear enough in the video but the green power light has a slight flicker at that same moment when the blue light is solid.

At the time I recorded the video my PH was 8.15-8.16 which you can see when the blue light is flashing.

What could possibly cause this?
rimai

Re: pH fluctuates with wifi blue light

Post by rimai »

I haven't seen this before where the blue light would interfere with the controller.
Can you try a factory reset?
Roberto.
brettb

Post by brettb »

Hi Roberto.

It is a weird one this, but its happening.

I am willing to try anything to sort this issue out. How do I do a factory reset?
rimai

Post by rimai »

This is the latest manual from the manufacturer:
http://www.rovingnetworks.com/resources ... ser_Manual
Page 98 explains the process of doing hardware factory reset.
Choose the option to erase the user config, which is 7 times toggle, just to make sure we get a clean bill before you start configuring it again.
GPIO9 is the little push button switch on newer wifi modules.
Roberto.