android app

binder

Re: android app

Post by binder »

Drs1210 wrote:Any news on this yet, Curt? I would like to try to get this resolved because I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow.
no, i have not seen the email come through. I know this may be silly, but when you click the send email link button it just opens up your email client and you have to send the message.
you will probably want to send it to me again because I have not gotten it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

Ok I sent it again.
binder

Post by binder »

I got the log file. It's acting like there is nothing in the response. When the app gets the response from the controller, it parses the XML response. The log file indicates that there is nothing in the response.

With the information you provided, I was able to connect to your controller from my Nexus 7 running 0.9.2 just fine. I refreshed the screen a couple times and didn't receive any errors. It worked great from me on my end. I used your public IP address that was saved / stored in the log file. The only time I received a SAX parser error was when I switched back to my own test controller running on my home network (which I am currently away from). Then the error was from something different than what you were getting.

Bottom line is that I'm communicating with your controller just fine from my android device. This is as of 10:58pm eastern time. I am at a loss of other suggestions because it's working for me testing it. You could try to remove the android app (uninstall it) and then install it again but I'm not sure if that would fix anything.

Are you getting the error all the time or just every now and then?
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

Its everytime I refresh the page.
binder

Post by binder »

Drs1210 wrote:Its everytime I refresh the page.
That is odd. It's still working great for me using your IP and port. I just tested it again. It has to be something with the phone. Have you tried to pull up the web page (http://IP:2000/wifi) on your phone to see if that works (while on the away profile with your wifi turned off)?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Were you able to change the flush size?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think the flush size would affect both Curt and him.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The errors on the iphone were intermittent and affected different people differently.. I wouldn't necessarily agree :)
binder

Post by binder »

I could get it to work just fine with the android app and the web interface. So I would tend to agree with Roberto since it worked fine for me on 2 different devices.

This is a bizarre one now since it works for me but not for him.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

binder wrote:
Drs1210 wrote:Its everytime I refresh the page.
That is odd. It's still working great for me using your IP and port. I just tested it again. It has to be something with the phone. Have you tried to pull up the web page (http://IP:2000/wifi) on your phone to see if that works (while on the away profile with your wifi turned off)?

I tried that address on my phone without wifi on and on the away profile and was able to see the webpage. Still no luck though, when I try wil the app on the away profile. I guess it could possibly be the phone, its not the greatest.