Dosing Pumps

chase

Dosing Pumps

Post by chase »

Just curious, and I'm assuming most people use dosing pumps for 2 part solutions, do you guys just drop a small powerhead/pump in a jug to keep your alk/ca mix from settling? I've been on the verge of buying a kalk or ca reactor but if proper timed doses via the DP will do the trick I'd just assume go that route.
rimai

Re: Dosing Pumps

Post by rimai »

No need for mixing.
The solutions don't produce precipitation.
IMO, I'd only go to CA reactor if the tank's volume of water was really large, where dosing solution becomes a constant refilling of the jug.
Roberto.
zmanx

Post by zmanx »

Hello,
This is not really a reply but a question about pump functionality as I am saving for my own RA.
I have noticed on the screen shot of "Ragen" that pump has a single activation per day for "x" duration in sec. Does this mean I can only dose once per day? Optimally with the system like this I would like to dose at least 4 times alk and 4 calc to spread the doses.
binder

Post by binder »

zmanx wrote:Hello,
This is not really a reply but a question about pump functionality as I am saving for my own RA.
I have noticed on the screen shot of "Ragen" that pump has a single activation per day for "x" duration in sec. Does this mean I can only dose once per day? Optimally with the system like this I would like to dose at least 4 times alk and 4 calc to spread the doses.
oh no. the dosing pumps have the ability to be run every so many hours too. in fact you can have them dose once or multiple times during the day. if the standard options in ragen are not exactly what you want we can always fix that and code it the way it needs to be for your setup.

curt