TempProbe vs Overheat Probe

Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I'm sure there are many reasons why there is a Temp Probe and and Overheat Probe in the code, but I can't really think of one now.

Obviously the Overheat Probe you assign to trigger what equipment you want to shut off during an overheat situation.

IE: The AC goes out in the house and the tank heats up to 86°, turn off the lights, heater and possibly the pump.

How would you use the Temp probe.

I'm about to hook up a chiller and I'm going to set my Room Temp Probe ti be my overheat probe so if the AC goes out and the chiller is going crazy keeping the temp in the tank down I would still know there is an over heat situation because the room temp would rise.

I guess I could do something with the tank temp where if the tank goes above 76° turn on the fans and if the fans can't keep it at 76° then turn on the chiller.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I think of it this way..temp probe is used to control heater/chiller.. Goal controlling water temp.

Overheat probe could be for a lot of things...water overheat turn off equipment that heats water. Light fixture (fan not working or halides just too damn hot...) or room temperature...as you said. The scenario is all different...
Sacohen

Re: TempProbe vs Overheat Probe

Post by Sacohen »

That;s kind of the way I saw it too, but I thought it was strange to have it separated in the Setup, I would think the Overheat could be in the setup and anything else you wanted to do with a temp probe would just be in the code.

I thought maybe it was for something special, but I guess not.