Help? Wifi support

jsclownfish

Help? Wifi support

Post by jsclownfish »

Hi all,

So after some research, I've gone all in on the RA. I think the whole concept is great and now I find myself buying Aurdino books and trying to learn about code. It's like learning a foreign language. At this point, I've just unpacked and set-up the pre-packaged system and it seems to work quite well. I'd like to be able to use the iPhone app to monitor the system through the wifi. I'm struggling at this step. I used the DMolton's set-up and have a slow green light. My router is an AT&T Uverse system. I could sure use a little help on what's next to get this functional. I know this is probably beginner stuff, but gotta learn to walk before I can run. :)

Thanks for the help,
-Jon
rimai

Re: Help? Wifi support

Post by rimai »

Unfortunately, the preloaded code won't be able to communicate with the wifi attachment.
I recommend you read this thread and get RAGen setup:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60
Roberto.
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

Thanks! If I run RAGen, won't I be trading off on some functionality of the "simple" code? I'm just getting used to the reading the logs to understand the codes. Also, got a bit confused on the port and socket numbering so I just reverted back to the "simple" code. Also, will the RAGen allow me to use the heater/fan controls with temperature or will I need to add that into the PDE myself?

BTW, I really appreciate the quick response and your tolerance for a bunch of newbie questions.

-Jon
binder

Post by binder »

When you use RAGen you will have the ability to use the Standard Libraries or my Development Libraries. The logging features that you are talking about are only inside the Simple Code.

RAGen will handle all the additions of the Heaters, Fans/Chillers, Lights, Wavemakers, Dosing Pumps, etc for you. It actually does about 90% of the work for you and only small, fine-tuned additions would be needed (if any). Make sure you read that thread that Roberto posted. It will help.

Also, what confused you about the Port & Socket numbering? The numbering should be the same as inside the RA Manual. However, I think the Standard Libraries section of RAGen does not have port numbers listed, only the "predefined" names.

curt
rimai

Post by rimai »

jsclownfish wrote:Thanks! If I run RAGen, won't I be trading off on some functionality of the "simple" code?
In my way of looking at it, you are actually gaining more functionality :)
Roberto.