Preliminary buying questions?

binder

Re: Preliminary buying questions?

Post by binder »

Deckoz2302 wrote:lol is it sad im trying to code my ra before ordering it?
No. You are being smart and making sure it does everything that you want it to do before you invest the money. Sounds like a smart shopper there. Now if you could only do this with the other stuff out there.......

curt
Deckoz2302

Post by Deckoz2302 »

Lol yea your right binder, none of the other controllers can do this lol. And thanks roberto, I'm just trying to get the flow of the code first, then work out efficiency/size. Quick question for you though, are math libraries included to be able to do trig andcalculus functions? I'm debating between using an array formula to change the time each day, or using a true sunrise sunset with a set lat/longitude....I might code both to see how much space each takes up, true sunrise I think I could do in 150 lines maybe less, array I may be able to do in very little. Decisions, then again with an array, user has the ability to set they're sunset/sunrise parameters for each season which would help more with the ra community as everyones tank is different and everyone has a different idea of a time schedule. Where as a sunrise/set algorithm will be a truerise/set, unless I code in and offset variable for calculated time ex: if sunrise calc is at 7am, but you work and would like to see your tank lite later at night, offset sunrise 240minutes to rise 4 hours later(offset sunset to set 4hours later also)

Also I'm going to try to do this in ut time, because fish and corals don't get daylight savings time in the wild lol
Deckoz2302

Post by Deckoz2302 »

I was phone coding earlier while i was working haha, writing code on a cell phone while putting orders together lol, the code i pasted was a little...meh
Last edited by Deckoz2302 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rimai

Post by rimai »

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Math/H
The time library is based on UNIX time, which represents numbers of seconds from January 1, 1970.
Roberto.
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

rimai wrote:
Deckoz2302 wrote:If (cloudchance == 1 && cloudduration > 20 && lightningchance< forgot the value) statement to change the 3 minute pwm slope to a 20 minute slope for this occurance along with calling the vortech pump modes.
Seem like you've done your homework and has a good knowledge of programming too.
I think you would have no problems getting this done :)
You may even be able to stick everything in the 32K :)
The RA Plus has 256K. That's the only difference.
Not to hijack the thread but.... ACK, an RA Plus! Will the existing RAs be upgradable to 256K memory? I don't want to be left behind with all the cool menus and add-ons everyone is going to be able to fit on the new ones.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I've made them so anyone could just replace the head unit board and still keep and use all the original investment they've made. Drop-in replacement of a single board with minimum down-time.
Roberto.
Deckoz2302

Post by Deckoz2302 »

I created a different threat for the progressive sunphase
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=411
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

rimai wrote:I've made them so anyone could just replace the head unit board and still keep and use all the original investment they've made. Drop-in replacement of a single board with minimum down-time.
Whew! Thanks Roberto!