Have I missed somthing?

Sebyte

Have I missed somthing?

Post by Sebyte »

I feel that I may have missed somthing, or I am getting brain dead, or just dumb!

I have spent the day setting up the wifi, RAGen, RA Client application and port forwarding to give access from my iPAD. Everything works as I expected apart from I cannot upload PDE code from RAGen over wifi.

I have just spent the last hour looking through old postings and just seem to get more confused. The question is, should you be able to use wifi rather than the USB cable to upload code?

If it is possible please advise me on what the steps are.

I am running Win7 And have the latest software loaded for all RA apps.

Thanks
rimai

Re: Have I missed somthing?

Post by rimai »

No, you haven't missed anything.
There is no way to upload code through wifi.
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

thanks Roberto, are there any plans for this in the future or is it a technical issue relating to hardware limitations.
rimai

Post by rimai »

It's hardware related.
The wifi is too unstable and the bootloader is very picky both in timing and drop of data.
If the wifi data is delayed or a packet is lost and have to be resent, the bootloader would just fail.
It works good for small sketches, but anything over 20K is just a roll of the dice and I decided to even not mention it, just because it was so unstable.
So, theorectically you could but practically it does not work so good.
It takes a really long time too, a sketch of 30K in size takes about 3 minutes to be uploaded.
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Ok, I thought that it would be somthing along those lines. My tank is around 30ft from my desktop PC, so I guess I will have to get a USB cable extender.

Thanks for the explanation.