WiFi or not?

Cruzer

WiFi or not?

Post by Cruzer »

Hello,
My computer is close to where the controller will be located. Can I just use a USB cord to the controller and have remote access to the status of the tank. Other than having the computer up and running all the time is there other reasons to have the WiFI module? If I can have remote access via the WiFi or USB to a running computer are they both equal in a reliability stand point?

Rob,
rimai

Re: WiFi or not?

Post by rimai »

iPhone app only works with wifi. Android app can download from reefangel.com so, you can make it work.
The internal webserver can only be accesseed through wifi.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

You won't be able to toggle ports on/off or start feeding or water change modes remotely without the wifi module. Like Roberto said, the internal webserver is only accessed through the wifi and that's how you trigger those modes/ports.

If you don't care about that and have your computer updating a web banner on reefangel.com for you (for your status), then you won't need the wifi (unless you use the iphone app).

curt
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

the iPhone app can also be configured to use the reefangel.com values, will just need to make a small change if there is interest.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I am going to need to the WiFi for what I want to do.

Rob,