Website pH plot reverse peaks

Bogdan

Website pH plot reverse peaks

Post by Bogdan »

pH plot.jpg
pH plot.jpg (179.72 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
On the website chart, usually on the pH plot every now and then (once or twice daily) a reverse peaks appear. My pH is pretty stable above 8 and these peaks goes down to 6 and immediately get back to above 8. See the attached picture from my website chart. Sometimes similar thing happen to the temperature plot, sudden reverse peak to 0 and then back to normal 77. I am wondering what could be the reason for these peaks. I know I can delete them but I am getting kind of tired doing that every day. Any thoughts on that? :?:
ReEfnWrX

Re: Website pH plot reverse peaks

Post by ReEfnWrX »

Are your probes very close to the surface? Might your water level be dropping below them before your ATO kicks on? I turned my ATO off for a day and noticed the same thing happening and that is what caused it
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

No my probes are deep enough and the level is pretty stable. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I get these too. I just chalk them up to jitter... Roberto any idea why we see those dips? I've always had them...with 3 different probes as well..
rimai

Post by rimai »

Not quite sure what it could be.
Is it always the same value that it dips to?
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It doesn't alway dip to the same # but it seems to dip the same amount. I don't see the dips on the RA portal charts, but I do see them on Reeftronics. I have a feeling though they are dipping to 0 and the RA portal charts don't show 0 and Reeftronics doesn't render them all the way down... I say this because I occasionally get alerts that Temp / WL and PH (all 3 at once) are 0 and less than my alert value...

Here's what they look like....the change in value a few days before last week were when I changed to a new probe...
Attachments
graphra_ph30.png
graphra_ph30.png (17.35 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
graphra_ph7.png
graphra_ph7.png (14.78 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
Bogdan

Post by Bogdan »

In my case the pH dips go down usually to 6.03 sometime 5.98. The temp usually goes down to 0.
I had to lower the pH alert to 4.8 to stop receiving the alerts every couple hours.