Anyone running LEDs from buildmyled.com ?

Piper

Anyone running LEDs from buildmyled.com ?

Post by Piper »

Is anyone running LEDs from buildmyled.com with your RA? My LED strip went out that supplements my Kessils and I want to replace it with a dimmable strip. I was looking at Super Actinic Reef Spectrum - XB Series or the 18 LED Dimmable Actinic Supplement Kit from RapidLED.

I'm leaning towards the fixture from buildmyled.com but I'd like to know if anyone has them running with their RA now and what their experience has been.

~Charlie
Sacohen

Re: Anyone running LEDs from buildmyled.com ?

Post by Sacohen »

I was looking at them too, but went with some Chinese knockoffs.
The one thing that kept me from getting the BuildmyLED light was that fact that there were not different channels for the blues and whites.

I know they are working on that, but unless I'm mistaken I don't thunk they have it set up yet.

If you want to know about the lights and what they are like in your tank I an't really help you, but if you want to know if they can work with the RA, then the answer is they say that the can.

If you are using the dimming module you can just cut the end off of their cable and then attach them to the screw downs on the dimming module.
Piper

Post by Piper »

Thanks, Steve. I called them about an hour ago because I had a couple of questions and went ahead and placed the order right after that. I hear/read that they are coming out with a multi-channel dimable fixture and asked about that why I was on the phone with them this morning. They did say that those fixtures will be available in the next few weeks. I'm only after the Actinic supplement so I don't see where the multi-channel will be all that beneficial to me and I kind of need it right now.

Now I just need to order the analog dimming module from Roberto :)

~Charlie
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

The new dimming modules are both analog and PWM. There are jumpers inside tht you can switch back and forth and have each channel different. So if you have 4 PWM devices and 2 analog devices you just need one module.

The module can also be set for 0-10v or 0-5v depending on your needs.

I just checked the store and he doesn't have different alanaog or PWM modules listed anymore so yo will get one of these new ones.
Piper

Post by Piper »

Hmm, I will need to check mine when I get home then. I might have one of the newer versions but I'm not sure if it's that new. I was looking at the store earlier today and noticed that it was just a single module now. I thought I read/heard that is was configurable too. I just didn't realize that each port was configurable.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Yes. Each port is configurable. If you've had yours less than 6 months you may have it. Open it up and check.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
Piper

Post by Piper »

I popped it open last night and it looks like I have the newer one. I should be in business as soon as the new light shows up :) Thanks for pointing that out, Steve!
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

No problem. You'll need jumpers for the pins though.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk