Verify my parts list before buying?

AlanM

Re: Verify my parts list before buying?

Post by AlanM »

howaboutme wrote:
lnevo wrote:We need you on this forum Alan!!! If only to explain what Bessel and Airy dimming functions are!!!
Yes! It was meant to be. Who else can be famous because of his D120 hack even before he had the RA!
Did people here actually start using their RA to control the d120s? You know I never really used mine to control it aside from posting those videos on youtube showing that it worked.

For a quick math lesson: Bessel functions are related to flow in cylindrical geometry (at least that's how I used them in the past) and Airy functions have to do with those interference patterns you might have seen in physics class which is supposed to prove to you that light is both a particle and a wave.

I said it wrong, actually, meant to say I could run the pumps, not lights, as Bessel or Airy functions, because they are functions that are kind of like waves that damp down and back up if you reverse them. So I'd have a wave with opposing powerheads that decreases in magnitude over some period of time until it's still and then starts getting stronger again. Like an oscillation inside an envelope that grows and shrinks.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Ooh sounds like it would integrate well with my tidal simulation code. Right now I just incorporate the effect on the tidal strength based on moonphase but would like some cool oscillation pattern to manage tide in/out
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

lnevo wrote:Ooh sounds like it would integrate well with my tidal simulation code. Right now I just incorporate the effect on the tidal strength based on moonphase but would like some cool oscillation pattern to manage tide in/out
Maybe, I could be remembering them wrong though. Heh. Probably easier ways of doing it.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

AlanM wrote:
howaboutme wrote:
lnevo wrote:We need you on this forum Alan!!! If only to explain what Bessel and Airy dimming functions are!!!
Yes! It was meant to be. Who else can be famous because of his D120 hack even before he had the RA!
Did people here actually start using their RA to control the d120s? You know I never really used mine to control it aside from posting those videos on youtube showing that it worked.

For a quick math lesson: Bessel functions are related to flow in cylindrical geometry (at least that's how I used them in the past) and Airy functions have to do with those interference patterns you might have seen in physics class which is supposed to prove to you that light is both a particle and a wave.

I said it wrong, actually, meant to say I could run the pumps, not lights, as Bessel or Airy functions, because they are functions that are kind of like waves that damp down and back up if you reverse them. So I'd have a wave with opposing powerheads that decreases in magnitude over some period of time until it's still and then starts getting stronger again. Like an oscillation inside an envelope that grows and shrinks.
Here:

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?t=3541

And your wamas thread was the first link...
Jack