Relay operation

RootsRockReefer

Relay operation

Post by RootsRockReefer »

Was hoping to open up the relay box and hack the I/O signal to each outlet and operate some external din mounted quiet solid state relays. Anyone tried yet?
lnevo

Re: Relay operation

Post by lnevo »

Why not just get the IO module?
RootsRockReefer

I plan on one I/O expansion module for the 4 additional external relay controls I need, but with basically 8 I/O's existing thought I would at least yell it out to see if anyone has tried yet.

If i move the very active relays currently in the included relay box to the future external I/O's the noise issue shouldn't be there anymore.

I am stunned on how loud the relay action is on the relay box.
RootsRockReefer

One more newbie experience. After a few days of enjoying the automation of functions I am finally getting around to the probe calibration. The PH probe is wandering for an extended period of time I see 10min 20min references on other posts I have attempted 3 calibrations and the probe on the 4th is still wandering slightly higher at 40minutes at ph7 solution.

On the 3rd attempt I knew I had stable reading but after booting the PH was frozen.

On one of the boots, the PH reading was just stuck, and on an attempt to recalibrate at ph7, the reference just sat at zero.

With a reboot it is now seeing readings, well see what happens now with this 4th attempt.

I like the reef angel so far it has so much potential for future ideas. I am sure I will figure the learning curve into the calibration of this probe. Does anyone calibrate with all ac outlets unplugged to avoid voltage wander see a difference in accuracy?