Lumia 5.2

juszczyk

Lumia 5.2

Post by juszczyk »

can I run Lumia 5.2 LED using LDD drivers straight off my ReefAngel PWM + version. Or do I need the storm X controller as well.

I haven't seen a DIY forum using the reefangel and Lumia 5.2 build, but the forums I have seen, people are using a storm X controller on top of an Apex which seems redundant to me. Am I missing something?
Albe

Re: Lumia 5.2

Post by Albe »

I have completed testing mine - it works great. I used the dimming expansion, set to 5v pwm. The trick was to figure out where to put ground (LDD only has one input, no ground). Other than that easy.
On the Apex I cannot comment, might be that it doesn't output the correct signal.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Albe wrote:I have completed testing mine - it works great. I used the dimming expansion, set to 5v pwm. The trick was to figure out where to put ground (LDD only has one input, no ground). Other than that easy.
On the Apex I cannot comment, might be that it doesn't output the correct signal.
Where did you wind up putting the ground?

I'm about to set up do Chinese LED using the LDD drivers and was told to just scrape some of the front or back to revel the grounding plane and solder it to there.
juszczyk

Post by juszczyk »

I'm going to be buying the CORALUX Meanwell LDD-H PCB Driver 5-up Board and it has a ground built into board I believe.
juszczyk

Post by juszczyk »

for Albe and Sacehen,

From LEDGroupbuy.com, using the LDD drivers. the 5-up board has ground for the LDDs There are also 4-2 boards available for smaller projects. All have ground built into boards. The 5-up has three grounds built in.

"You can either connect it to the COM port on the power supply (which is the common ground) or one of the G ports on the PWM side of the 5up boards, as all three of those grounds lead to the COM port on the power supply and are tied in to each other."

LEDGroupBuy.com
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

That's all well and good if you're buying the preassembled boards from a place like LEDGroupbuy.com, but my board is one of the original 4 ups that were designed by some of the guys on ReefCentral.

It doesn't have a ground for the control signal.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
Albe

Post by Albe »

I actually did use LEDGroupbuy 5 up boards.

But, connected to the same ground from the power supply worked perfectly. If you using the LDD without a board then connect to the ground on the actual LDD. If you look at the schematic on meanwell's site it looks like its a common ground in the driver. Before I connected it to my reefangel I tested with another pwm source and it worked perfectly.
pandadude4

Post by pandadude4 »

Yup my dear you need to have the storm X controller :D :D :D
rimai

Post by rimai »

pandadude4 wrote:Yup my dear you need to have the storm X controller :D :D :D
I highly doubt that. PWM is PWM no matter which planet you go to. :ugeek:
Roberto.