Just ordered Pwm unit with wifi

Reefology

Just ordered Pwm unit with wifi

Post by Reefology »

Merry Xmas,

As mentioned in title, just ordered a reef angel and am looking forward to automating my system. I know from some of the things I've read, it can get fairly complex. I really need basic functionality but I would like to get it right from the onset and then forget it.

I've already downloaded the manuals for both the unit and wifi attachment and skimmed through them. I like the preloaded functionality but don't need a auto top off or circulation pump so would like to replace port 1 & 8 with/for dosing pumps?

Also, I have Chinese led's and wanted to know if the preloaded code is already set up to dim them?

Thanks
pandimus

Re: Just ordered Pwm unit with wifi

Post by pandimus »

The wizard will help you in all your endeavors.. You can download the installer and have a whirl at it before your unit arrives.. Basic functions this thing can do easily... Don't worry about that.. It's later on that you say hmmm, I want to try...

Your Chinese leds do that have a dimming port? If so you should be set.. As the reef angel has two dimming ports already..
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Which Chinese LED? You may need to hack the unit to add the dimming port. You can buy a kit from Reef Radiance or you can do it yourself.
Reefology

Post by Reefology »

Thank you for the reply

Pandimus:
No doubt I will want to tinker at some point down the road :)
My LEDs have dimming capabilities but not sure about ports?
Where do I find the wizard installer?

Inevo:
Any info in regards to doing it myself?

My LEDs are the AquaSTAR-165W-Dimmable-LED-Aquarium-Light-Full-Spectrum-Reef-Coral-Fish-Marine-/301181689222

Thanks
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yeah those should work. You can buy the kit here http://reefradiance.com/reef-radiance-prostar-165.html or you can get the parts and do it yourself. If you're on Facebook you could join the Chinese Blackbox LED Proof Group and they have a pinned post with how to do the hack.