other use for ato pins

Reefology

other use for ato pins

Post by Reefology »

seeing that i don't use the ATO function on Reef Angel, wondering if anyone has found other things to control with them, like dosing pumps maybe?

not the switches but where they connect to the reef angel.
lnevo

Re: other use for ato pins

Post by lnevo »

They can be used as 0-5V PWM outputs so you could control leds or fans or any other PWM device.
Reefology

Post by Reefology »

All custom code I would imagine? I'm currently running 2 dosing pumps, 5v 300ma each on port 1, with a 5v 1000ma power supply for 2 part dosing. And another 2 on an external timer for auto water changes. Could they be run on the ATO ports with appropriate code? Or would you still need power from the relay port?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

They can only handle dimming signals about 50mA. I don't think you can run devices directly off those ports. If you are using Jaebo wavemaker pumps or similar DC pumps, you could use a modified jaebo cable to control those from the ATO ports, and that is built into the libraries. But it doesn't sound like the devices you are the right applicaiton.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Btw, if you want your banner to work, you have to wrap the URL in an IMG tag...

like this:

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://forum.reefangel.com/status/banner_2.aspx?id=Reefology&t=-5[/IMG]
Reefology

Post by Reefology »

wow...you guys read minds too :D was just thinking of asking that very question but you beat me to it!