Heater Setting

MDB1029

Heater Setting

Post by MDB1029 »

This may seem like a dumb question but i can't find an answer to it. Do i set my heater to its highest setting? I assume this is what you would do but i don't know this for sure. The heater i have is ViaAqua titanium which has its own temp probe if that makes any difference. Also i have a second heater as backup, what would i set it to? Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am not talking about the temp setting on the RA but on the actual heater.
Rodasphoto

Re: Heater Setting

Post by Rodasphoto »

I set mine up just high enough so it will turn using its built in thermostat and set the controller to what i want it. Ie heater is set to 80 and my controller to 78. if anything every happens like the temp probe is exposed to the ambient air the highest the tank will go is 80.
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

I appreciate your help.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

One problem I've had with the via aqua titanium heaters is that they don't retain their settings after power off and default to 79 and it was off a degree and RA would think it was 78. This obviously led to a good amount of frustration and not my usual stable parameters. But I eventually worked it out. I also ended up swapping back to a Finnex :)