Joystick Control

GiraffeCat

Joystick Control

Post by GiraffeCat »

So, I have been wondering why we can't control the relays with the joystick on the unit? :?:

I think it would be nice to just move the joystick and shut a port off without having to go downstairs and get my phone, etc. We can do PH calibration and stuff like that, why not shut a pump off with it? :?

Or am I missing something? :oops: (I have had a rough couple of nights.)

LMK,

Dan
.....Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion - Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.......
binder

Re: Joystick Control

Post by binder »

unfortunately, the coding required to provide that functionality increases the size of the code base. this is not so much of a problem now as it was (i am speaking from experience since I have worked on it).
now there is a new main display that uses the right and left toggling to cycle through the various screens. this would become slightly more difficult to implement now because of that.
i am not saying that it cannot be done, just that the complexity of the code increases and it requires more time to implement it. we have such a robust set of options for remote control capabilities and initially we had such a limited set of resources, this topic has not really come up.

others may chime in as well, but the short answer is that it is complicated to implement something like this when other solutions already exist.

Sent from my iPad mini