Auto Water Change

Rodasphoto

Re: Auto Water Change

Post by Rodasphoto »

I have two litermeter pumps and have it pump water in/out 150 times a day. What you need to is see how much each water pumps per unit of time. Then you can calculate how long each pump needs to run and how many times a day you need it to turn on in order to change the desired amount of water. I have mine change water every 9 minutes (150x a day). The nice thing about this is that the new saltwater does not need to be heated as you are changing very little at a time.
Check out the link below for more info on the code I use:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5158

A special thanks goes out again for the help I received to make this a possibility.
MDB1029

Post by MDB1029 »

Rodasphoto wrote:I have two litermeter pumps and have it pump water in/out 150 times a day. What you need to is see how much each water pumps per unit of time. Then you can calculate how long each pump needs to run and how many times a day you need it to turn on in order to change the desired amount of water. I have mine change water every 9 minutes (150x a day). The nice thing about this is that the new saltwater does not need to be heated as you are changing very little at a time.
Check out the link below for more info on the code I use:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5158

A special thanks goes out again for the help I received to make this a possibility.
Thank you for your response. Can you post a link to the pumps you use so I can make sure I look at the right thing?
skehole

Post by skehole »

pandimus

Post by pandimus »

I've been using the litermeter for 3 months now.... Rock solid...not a single spike in salinity...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk