Controller Death?

cgonser

Controller Death?

Post by cgonser »

The other day, my tank lights never shut off. Then realized my ATO wasn't topping off. Fuge lights not on. Naturally I just figured something was up and tried to reload my controller...IT WONT LOAD! Is there a hard reset? Is there anything I can do? Screen still works, lights still dim up and down, but never shut off. So its only kind of controlling....HELP! Thank you
lnevo

Re: Controller Death?

Post by lnevo »

Sounds like the relay box. Check your cable, any expansion modules?
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

Yes one expansion for my LEDs but nothing is out of place. One day working perfectly, the next nothing. Think I will need a new head unit? To top it all off, I'm going on vacation soon and need my tank self sufficient again! Thanks guys
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I think your relay box is bad. Do you have wifi can you connect and get readings? Its honestly most likely just the cable. Might be worthwhile to buy a relay expansion to troubleshoot it and best if you could use the extra capacity. Worse case roberto would probably let you exchange it for a new head unit if its necessary.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Is it a RA+?
Can you try to load a code with just the head unit powered with the USB power cable?
Roberto.
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

It is a RA+ I can now get it to reload but still nothing is working. But at least its saying its taking the load. I unplugged everything and that was a bad choice....Now nothing comes on. Screen says BUS LOCK. This is no good! Thanks for advice. Also, I have a WIFI adapter but I havent been able to use it in at least 6 months...new router and I gave up :(
rimai

Post by rimai »

Does it show the bus lock with just the head unit connected to the USB power cable?
Roberto.
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

I dont have just a USB power cable...I have the one that goes to the relay box. When I disconnect that, the head unit goes black.
rimai

Post by rimai »

There is no way to find out if it is just the head unit, cable, relay box or expansion module that is causing the bus lock without the USB power cable.
We can try to see if it is the expansion module though.
Disconnect the expansion module from the relay box and see if the bus lock still persists.
Roberto.
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

rimai wrote:There is no way to find out if it is just the head unit, cable, relay box or expansion module that is causing the bus lock without the USB power cable.
We can try to see if it is the expansion module though.
Disconnect the expansion module from the relay box and see if the bus lock still persists.

When I disconnect the USB to the expansion, the bus lock goes away. But then I have no powerheads. Head unit shows incorrect date and time, could that be a factor? 3/4/54
rimai

Post by rimai »

So, it is your expansion module or the usb cable that is causing the bus lock.
The date change was caused by the bus lock.
Roberto.
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

When the USB for the expansion is plugged in, obviously my powerheads are working. But my Fuge light also comes on. When I disconnect it, both things stop. Anyways to get around this? Also, I reloaded the head unit without the expansion connected and it seems to be working right...time and date still crazy...?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You need to reset the date/time.
The internal clock has already been corrupt by the bus lock.
If the module is causing the bus lock, it is bad and you need to replace it.
Roberto.
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

So, I need a new expansion...what would cause the one I have to go bad? Its been working great until now! Any warranty? Thank you for your help Roberto
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can use the portal or phone app to set the time.
Does the bus lock happen the minute you connect the USB cable?
It could be a loose cable too.
You need to troubleshoot to see what is causing the bus lock.
I would start checking for water damage too.
Roberto.
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

rimai wrote:You can use the portal or phone app to set the time.
Does the bus lock happen the minute you connect the USB cable?
It could be a loose cable too.
You need to troubleshoot to see what is causing the bus lock.
I would start checking for water damage too.

Maybe it is the cable, because when the usb is plugged it the power heads work. When I plug it in the status light starts blinking red. And I feel the USB is the cheapest start. I really don't have the extra funds right for it to be the expansion! I got my jaebos from you and have no way to run them other than through the expansion. All my electronics are out of waters reach and have no contact with water.