Bought a used Reef Angel Plus setup

Echo5delta16

Bought a used Reef Angel Plus setup

Post by Echo5delta16 »

How can I verify that it works as it should? Yes I can just plug it in and see what happens but if the prior owner had code in it I wouldn't know if it works as it should bone stock. Is there a way to factory reset everything? Is it possible to test the head unit with out any attachments? Then test the power outlet module then the wifi module?
For starters I am wanting to just use the wifi unit to be able to turn stuff on and off via my iphone. Once I get that going then I will worry about programing and probes and such.
Thanks!
Echo5delta16

Re: Bought a used Reef Angel Plus setup

Post by Echo5delta16 »

Anyone?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

There's a controller test code in the examples that tries all the relays you'll need a lamp plugged in or something to validate.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

There's also an option to restore the pre-loaded code under Tools in the Arduino software.

But realistically, you need to use the Wizard to generate something more custom.
Echo5delta16

Post by Echo5delta16 »

lnevo wrote:There's a controller test code in the examples that tries all the relays you'll need a lamp plugged in or something to validate.
plugged in to each or one at a time?
Echo5delta16

Post by Echo5delta16 »

lnevo wrote:There's a controller test code in the examples that tries all the relays you'll need a lamp plugged in or something to validate.
plugged in to each or one at a time?
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

Congratulations on your purchase.

cosmith71 is right, you need to use the Wizard to generate software that meets your needs. Just assume that what is already in the unit is useless. This is pretty much the case even if you buy a new unit, it won't do what you want it to until you program it. The Wizard will do all the basic stuff. Once you get past that and want to do more sophisticated things, you can get into the programming language.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You can only connect one unit at a time. You use the Arduino software to program the head unit and the WiFi utility to program the wifi module. After you program the WiFI module, you'll only ever need to connect the head unit (when you'll disconnect your wifi module during the upload) If you don't want to have to disconnect you can get a bluetooth module that lets everything stay connected and you program it wirelessly.