A couple questions before I buy

re76

A couple questions before I buy

Post by re76 »

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at getting an aquarium controller for a few weeks now. At first my front-runner has been the Apex because of the added benefit you get from being able to write code. I somehow had never managed to find the Reef Angel until I saw it mentioned somewhere on Reef2Reef.

My first impression is that I am very impressed, and this is almost exactly what I have been looking for. I am an Embedded Software Engineer by day, where I write code for ARM Cortex targets. Mostly for medical devices. The point I am trying to make is that the Reef Angel being written in C/C++ is a huge bonus for me and not intimidating at all, exciting in fact. I have already been digging through the code in Github.

All in all I am pretty much sold I just have a few lingering questions I would love to have answered before I pull the trigger.
  • How much memory is typically used on a fairly customized RA plus system? 256k is a decent amount but I can imagine if you are including a bunch of libraries, or working with a lot of strings you would quickly find yourself running into memory issues.
  • Where can I buy a bluetooth adapter for code upload. I have seem them mentioned on the forum but do not see them listed on the order page. This is a must have for me since I don't want to be sitting on the floor in front of the stand every time I am uploading my code.
  • What is the status of the iOS app? When I try to follow the link on my iphone I don't get any results in the app store?
rimai

Re: A couple questions before I buy

Post by rimai »

My code is about 90K.
PM me for the bluetooth attachment.
The iOS app has been released for a while now. Look for UApp or https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reef-an ... 72085?mt=8
Roberto.